Phoca Newbie

Phoca Download version to install before upgrading to Joomla 4

Post by gsande »

I have Joomla 3.x installed, and I'm preparing to migrate to Joomla 4.x
I currently use these Phoca Download software:
• Phoca Download Component – version 3.2.3
• Phoca Download Plugin – version 3.2.1
• Phoca Download Button Plugin – version 3.2.1

Phoca Download v4.0.5 shows only that is it Joomla 4 compatible (but presumably not version 3.x)
I have the current version for Joomla 3.x (Phoca Download version 3.2.3)

In the Joomla 4 Precheck - it says I need to update all three of these Phoca softwares listed above. Do I upgrade to Phoca Download 4.05 before, or after I migrate to Joomla 4? I don't see anything that explains this.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Download version to install before upgrading to Joomla 4

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see migration guide.

Kind regards,
Benno
gsande
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by gsande »

I have used an extension called MigrateMe4 to create a staging server, do the upgrade and test. Everything else is working, but the extension puts the upgraded site in a subfolder (mm4), so the database path is no longer valid.
I upgraded to Joomla 4 using that extension, and then installed the Joomla 4 Phoca Download Button Plugin, the Download Plugin, and the Component, but when I open the Phoca Download Control Panel, it does not recognize that its running these latest revisions, and still states that it is running Version 3.2.3.
Is that upgrade being done in a subfolder that changes the pathways causing the problem?
I can 1) Uninstall Phoca Download and then reinstall it after I move the files back to their normal location - but that would likely lose all the content, or 2) should I just leave it not working for now, and finalize the upgrade (where it moves the site back to its normall directory location?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, usually, there is no database path, so you can run the same site from root or subfolder and it will be the same (only speaking about database, not file system).

The guide, Benno linked, is in fact export/import guide so it does not matter if the new instance is in subfolder or not.

(And of course if your new instance stays in subfolder, the instance runs in this subfolder - but the paths should work). :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project