Audio not playing with play button on safari only

Phoca Download - download manager
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Audio not playing with play button on safari only

Post by corconsulting »

I have several audio files in phoca download and i have the play button option available. i have no issues playing audio with chrome on android or other devices but _ _ and _ _ or any instance of safari it opens the window but when you click play it does nothing and it shows the time of the audio as 00:00.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround to get it working in safari.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Audio not playing with play button on safari only

Post by Jan »

Hi, unfortunately, I don't know Safari, I only now that it is the new "IE6" (means very problematic program to display websites). When you see the Javascript console (I don't know if such exists in Safari), do you get there some Javascript error?

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-jooml ... -conflicts
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by corconsulting »

i switched the template to Beez and the same issue persists. i will check the plugins to see what is being used on that page. I don't have a means to test on the _ _ since that feature seems disabled to go into the developer debug (very annoying). i am hoping to connect via zoom with someone with a mac and see if they can see any errors. The only errors i am seeing otherwise is:

JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1 jquery-migrate.min.js

and this one below which i think is related to FLOC:

Error with Permissions-Policy header: Unrecognized feature: 'interest-cohort'.

Now Safari might have it's own set of errors but across other browsers those are the two that i see in the Console.
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by corconsulting »

Also it doesn't work on Chrome for the _ _ or mac either
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, which version of Joomla do you use?
StevenDs
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by StevenDs »

corconsulting wrote: 17 Nov 2021, 23:58 I have several audio files in phoca download and i have the play button option available. i have no issues playing audio with chrome on android or other devices but _ _ and _ _ or any instance of safari it opens the window but when you click play it does nothing and it shows the time of the audio as 00:00.
Has anyone else experienced this and is there a workaround to get it working in safari.
The audio clip will automatically keep on playing when you exit Safari. However in the case of a video the sound will stop. To start it you have to pull up the Control Center and then slide to access the music player screen. There you simply have to tap on the play button and the audio will start playing...
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by corconsulting »

So i determined the issue is with _ _ and _ _ and the only work around i found is to make the Direct Link set to yes. Then the user can click download and when they go to download it actually opens the window and plays the audio. for whatever reason this doesn't work for the regular play button. any browser on the apple devices does the same. windows and android are fine.
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by corconsulting »

Jan wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 14:07 Hi, which version of Joomla do you use?
Using Joomla 3.10.6
Phoca Download version 3.2.3
corconsulting
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by corconsulting »

StevenDs wrote: 19 Dec 2021, 21:43
The audio clip will automatically keep on playing when you exit Safari. However in the case of a video the sound will stop. To start it you have to pull up the Control Center and then slide to access the music player screen. There you simply have to tap on the play button and the audio will start playing...
The audio clip doesn't play at all and shows that there is nothing to play hence the 00:00. I don't expect users to have to try and navigate why this isn't working. They should just be able to click play and it works. or perhaps i don't understand what you mean by pull up the control center, slide the access the music player screen. Where is this located? I am assuming you are referring to something browser specific.
I just want all users to be able to push play regardless of device or browser and it just plays. It seems to me that there is something missing with the play button that it doesn't work with apple products.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problem is, this is much more question on Safari developers. As in Phoca Download standard html tags AUDIO and VIDEO are used, so when playing the media, Phoca Download does not have any specific feature for this, it just renders the standard HTML tags with path to the file and the play is just fully managed by browser :idea:

Jan