Categories View Permission problem

Phoca Download - download manager
Jfruiz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Categories View Permission problem

Post by Jfruiz »

Hi!

I have a menu to List of Categories (Categories View) set to Public access.
All my categories have ben set to Public access.
Most of my files are set to access by Registered and Display Inaccessible file set to YES.

Irregardless of those settings, the List of categories of the menu appear only to registered users. For Public/Guest, there is only an empty space with the Powered by PhocaDownload text.

The same is happening with Category View, but in this case appeared a banner about not having permission to access category

Is there any other option or setting that I should change so the public could see (not download) the list of folders and files inside?

Thanks in advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Categories View Permission problem

Post by Jan »

Hi,

Phoca Download does not have any influence on menu settings. Menu setting is superior to the component. In fact these are independent options because if you set some access for the menu link, it can affect the component but only for the current menu link, not for other menu link. So even if some menu link has restricted access for the component, you can access the component through other menu link. But if you set access for specific file, that is is final setting. Which cannot be changed by menu link, etc.

If you want to manage access for files, this needs to be done only in component. You can set that e.g. category will be public and files can be seen, but some of the files can be protected by access rights - so then when you want to download such file (which is visible for all), the login page is triggered (in case the file has set: "display inaccessible files")

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Jfruiz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jfruiz »

That is how I understand it works, but in my case is not working, because as I say menu is set to public access, categories too and files are set to be for registered only but seen by everyone and despite of that the list of categories appear empty.
And the component is there because of the Powered by banner.

I'm using Joomla 3.10, current Phoca download version and Gantry 5

https://imgur.com/a/DQTVY0l
Jfruiz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jfruiz »

I have been trying to solve this, uninstalling/reinstalling Phoca Downloads and do not work neither
Then I switch site to Beez3 template to check is not a Gantry issue, and the same...
Finally I have check with a clean Joomla 3.10 in localhost (not other components or plugins) and the problem still there
Jfruiz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Jfruiz »

Some more information

It seems that queries are working right

https://imgur.com/a/QfmiEVw
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hmmm, really hard to give some clue advice, there are really only 3 simple steps:

Leave everything as default and
1) set the access for the file e.g. to registered and set the display inaccessible file to yes
2) display it in category view
3) click on download button which ends with login page

Now installed on test server, nothing changed in Phoca Download options, done only there 3 steps :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project