Menu item link - list files in category error

Phoca Download - download manager
sarahhayes
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Menu item link - list files in category error

Post by sarahhayes »

Hi,

This may be known issue, or maybe I've missed something obvious.

I have upgraded a J3 website, with Phoca Download, to Joomla 4. The menu links to categories (Phoca Download >>Lists of Flies (Category View), that were working in Joomla 3, no longer work.

Tested with both Cassiopeia and custom frontend template
The links work on the J3 website
I have also tried on a completely clean install of J4 and Phoca Download. The same errors occurs. The error is:

500 - behavior::framework not found.
behavior::framework not found.
/Users/xxxxxxx/websites/sjf-upgrade/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php:149

There are a few other issues, but I think they are due to the admin template not having js and/or css required by the component.

--------
Joomla version: 4.0.0-rc6-dev
Phoca version: 3.2.3
PHP: 7.4.12 (also tried on php)
The site is on localhost MAMP

Thank you

Sarah
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Menu item link - list files in category error

Post by christine »

Hi Sarah,

sorry about, but you cannot use a Joomla 3 extension for a Joomla 4 version.

Before that, Joomla 3.10 stable is needed to get to Joomla 4 stable. https://www.joomla.org/announcements/re ... ugust.html

About extensions we will inform you.

Kind regards
Christine
sarahhayes
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sarahhayes »

Hi Christine,

Thank you for your reply.

The site is a test site and not a live site. I have already upgrade to Joomla! 3.10.0-rc1 and then 4.0.0-rc6-dev. I realise these are release candidates and not stable versions, but we are very close to the 17th now, I've been testing to see which sites we can upgrade, which we need to wait on and which we may need to find alternative extensions for.

I didn't realise that it wasn't J4 compatible. It was listed on the JED as being J3 and J4 Alpha compatible and the 3.10 pre-upgrade checking process didn't list it as not being compatible. I know extensions originally written of J3, won't be compatible with J4, without modification. All the extensions I've been testing so far, that were listed as being compatible with both versions, either have a separate download for J4, or if they haven't, the same installable download file can be used to install on both J3 and J4 versions. I didn't realise this wasn't the case with Phoca Download.

Do you know if there will be a J4 version available near to the J4 stable release on the 17th, or what the timeline for release might be?

Thank you

Sarah
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi Sarah,
sarahhayes wrote: 09 Aug 2021, 20:38
I didn't realise that it wasn't J4 compatible. It was listed on the JED as being J3 and J4 Alpha compatible and the 3.10 pre-upgrade checking process didn't list it as not being compatible.
Ah, I see, thank you for your infos.
Do you know if there will be a J4 version available near to the J4 stable release on the 17th, or what the timeline for release might be?
I'm sure, Jan is very busy at this time :?: ...... Will forward your question and advise.
Kind regards
Christine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now Phoca Download is not fully compatible with J4.

It was partially compatible with alpha, but there were so many changes in beta, that in fact the component is not fully compatible with J4.

It is really hard to say, if the component will be ready for stable J4 in August, I would say, it takes some weeks to make it ready for J4. For now I am working on Phoca Cart 3.5.7, then I will take a look at Phoca Download for J4 but if I will be able to make it ready for J4, I think, it will be Alpha or Beta version ready in august. But really hard to say, there is a lot of things to overwrite so I cannot give exact date when it will be ready. It is even recommended to use Joomla 4 when it will be version 4.0.3 or 4.0.4 so most "hidden" bugs will be solved.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sarahhayes
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sarahhayes »

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply. I can imagine, you have a massive task. To be honest, because of the changes and delays, I have only recently re-started looking at J4.

Generally I don't use a new version for a couple of months either, but I have a couple of sites with low requirements and few changes, which would be okay upgrading sooner.

Thank you for all your hard work, getting the extensions J4 ready.

Sarah
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project