Update error -1 Copy file failed

Phoca Download - download manager
marion
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Update error -1 Copy file failed

Post by marion »

Hi
I'm trying to update from v. 3.1.1 to v. 3.2.3. I get the following error message: "-1 Copy file failed". I'm using Joomla 3.9.26. Does anybody have a solution for this? Many thanks!
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Update error -1 Copy file failed

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see similar posts in this forum, e.g.: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57755
Go to: /media/com_phocadownload/css
and look in this and in all subdirectories of this directory for files that do not have 644 rights and set them to 644. Then the update should run.

Kind regards,
Benno
marion
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by marion »

Hi Benno

Thank you very much. There was one file missing some rights. I'm getting further with installation, but not to an end.

The new error message:
JInstaller: :Install: SQL-Fehler Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
Erweiterung „Aktualisierung“: SQL Fehler beim Ausführen der Abfrage: „DB-Funktion mit Fehlercode 1118 fehlgeschlagen!
Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs
SQL = ALTER TABLE `#__phocadownload` ADD COLUMN `project_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '';

Should I change the table or is it a question of database settings?
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
yes, this seems to be more a question of database settings.
Do you use MariaDB?
I ask, because Jan was able to fix an error with exactly the same error message in the database of one of my test pages.
See: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=61774&p=166290#p166290
You have to adjust the table and the prefix accordingly.
In addition, you should of course create a database backup before making the change so that you can restore the initial situation.

Kind regards,
Benno