Suddenly getting 404 errors on Preview popups

Phoca Download - download manager
vtpages
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Suddenly getting 404 errors on Preview popups

Post by vtpages »

Recently on one of our sites, we were informed by our client that the "Preview" wasn't working on their downloads (we were using Modal Box). (Things were fine when we first built the site.) We saw that there was a 404 error, "Category not found". We changed it to Standard Popup Window, with the same result. The URL in the URL box of the browser is the correct path to the file on our server, within the downloads folder so it should be appearing (folder permission is 755). Now, we have the identical problem happening on another client site. We have removed the "Preview" option from both sites, but that it not an ideal situation. Does anyone know what the issue is, or how to resolve it, so that we can use the "Preview" feature on our sites again? Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Suddenly getting 404 errors on Preview popups

Post by Jan »

Hi, preview is just a direct link to the file, see e.g. here:

https://www.phoca.cz/joomla3demo/phoca- ... -documents

So the browsers asks directly the file on the server and will display it in browser (if set in browser), so there should not be such a problem as in fact no Phoca Download is loaded when asking this file. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
vtpages
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by vtpages »

Hello, Jan, I hope all is well. Yes, it is very strange. When I set it to display the preview in a browser window rather than a modal box, the URL bar actually show the correct URL path to the downloadable file on the server - yet it still says 404 error! That is why I thought it might be a permissions issue which was preventing the file from displaying in the browser window. But now I'm thinking it may have to do with the redirect of the domain to the https URL.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Really hard to say, can I see the site where it occurs?
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
vtpages
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by vtpages »

Thank you, Jan - please check your DMs.