Massive files in phocadownload

Phoca Download - download manager
toniola
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Massive files in phocadownload

Post by toniola »

You can download an entire category in one block.
Example if in a category I have 200 files in download is it possible to have a single download of all 200 files?
By doing so every time the user wants to download all the files in that category, he doesn't have to click 200 times on each file in that category.
Phocadownload is a great extension, congratulations.
Thank you
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Massive files in phocadownload

Post by Benno »

Hi,
then simply zip the 200 files into one, upload them and offer them in Phoca Download as a separate download.

Kind regards,
Benno
toniola
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by toniola »

Thanks for the reply
The proposed solution is the simplest and most immediate one, but I need to do something different, in the sense that each new member must be able to download all the content at once.
The category contains 400 files for a total of Gb 8.50 (for now) I would like to make sure that every time you add a file in that category there is the possibility to download all the files in that category, without having to do a zip folder every time, which given the weight of the files would be impossible to do every time a new file is added.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problematic part of the mass download is, this needs to be customized for each server. Not every server is able to ZIP many files to one and give it for download. This is even the reason why the mass/bulk download was not implemented yet, as this can be very problematic for common servers :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project