Changelogs

Phoca Download - download manager
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Changelogs

Post by rogerco »

I'm sure I have asked this before...but every time there is an update I like to check what has changed before installing it. And every time I struggle to find a changelog.
Wouldn't it be a nice idea if you either provided a link to the changelog in the URL details column on the Joomla extensions update page like others do, and/or provided a link in the Control Panel to the changelog.
It is very frustrating every time and updating without any clue as to hat you are getting is potentially dangerous.

Thanks
Roger
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Changelogs

Post by Jan »

Hi, the easiest way is to compare the changes:
https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaDownloa ... 9c94733abf

(don't look at the files, where all the code is marked as changed, this is just wrongly made by Github), when you see the small changes, like here:

https://github.com/PhocaCz/PhocaDownloa ... 64ffdf62b5

you can see that there is a change regarding PHP 8 and adding default values to function parameters.

I still didn't write the news entry for this version but the changelog is simple here:

Ready for PHP 8.0.1

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by rogerco »

Great, thanks Jan. The one line summary (php8.0.1) is all that's needed, different people have different ways of dealing with reporting the detail changes - actually the github diffs are quite good except when they make mistakes like reporting the entire file changed. Any change in functionality is also worth summarising.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Yes, but there were no changes regarding functionality but just setting the parameters to meet PHP 8 rules.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project