Special case of direct link feature

Phoca Download - download manager
19schlumpf93
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Special case of direct link feature

Post by 19schlumpf93 »

Hello,

I use the phoca download component (v3.2.1) to manage a zip-Files to download. Some of them can be downloaded as guest users and some are only accessable for logged in users of a specific user-group. At the moment the direct link feature is turned off for all files. In that case one is able to navigate through the files structure down to the file view where only one file, its description and its download button is viewed (categories view -> category view -> file view -> download file). So far so good.

Now I would like to offer additionally the possibility to enter a direct link url, in order to download a file directly without the need of navigating through the component to the file and to press the download button. It should be possible to enter the url and the download of the file should be starting right away. I can achieve that by activate the direct link feature inside the file settings. If activated one is able to start the download by entering a url with the following structure:
https://example.org/files?download=id:filename

But when the direct link feature is activated, there is no possibility anymore to get to the file view any more. If you click the filename in the category view, the file starts to download.
I would like to have both:
- Ability to navigate trough the file structure (categories view -> category view -> file view -> download file)
- Ability to start the download by entering the direct link url (https://example.org/files?download=id:filename)

How can I achieve that?

Dank in advance and greezes
Manuel
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Special case of direct link feature

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is all about the link.

There is one link and two options:

a) direct download
b) go to file view and download

You can use both links if you e.g. use them directly (copy links and use them) but in category view, there is only one button - so there you can have a) or b) because both are two different links and there is only one button.

You can e.g. user mirror link feature for this - to have standard button for file view and mirror link for direct download :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project