Phoca Download - download manager
TzaIS
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Set user rights

Post by TzaIS »

Set user rights

Hello,

I have already created a download area in "Phoca Download" 2 years ago in my homepage for a special user! Whenever I log in as this user and click on the menu item, I see all categories and below them the downloads of my download collection. Unfortunately I don't know how that worked anymore! However, I believe that all registered users can see this area, which I do not find advantageous!

Now I want that for a new menu item only one specific file can be downloaded with exactly one special user account. Somehow I have difficulties with the user rights. How to do that?

Background: I develop "GPX files" for hiking with hiking navigation devices and I run a hiking club for seniors. For me and only for me the first download area should be unlockable. The download of a special "GPX-file" on the other hand I want to activate for a certain hike with exactly one other user profile! The password for this user will be passed on to all hikers for this hike. This should have the effect that my group stays together even in the Corona times despite distance rules, because some of my hiking group also have smartphones with App and my "GPX-file" of the hike and are thus guided by App. Could you help me with this and explain how this works with the user rights? Only the one user profile, maybe additionally the "Super User" should be able to download this one.

I would be very happy about an answer!

With kind regards
Thomas

The same content in German:

Benutzerrechte einstellen

Hallo,

ich habe in "Phoca Download" bereits vor 2 Jahren einen Downloadbereich in meiner Homepage für einen speziellen Nutzer angelegt! Immer wenn ich mich als diesen Nutzer anmelde und den Menüpunkt anklicke, sehe ich alle Kategorien und darunter die Downloads meiner Downloadsammlung. Wie das ging, weiß ich leider nicht mehr! Ich glaube allerdings, dass alle registrierten Benutzer diesen Bereich einsehen können, was ich nicht als vorteilhaft empfinde!

Jetzt möchte ich, dass für einen neuen Menüpunkt nur eine ganz bestimmte Datei herunterladbar ist mit genau einem speziellen Benutzer-Account. Irgendwie habe ich gerade Schwierigkeiten mit den Benutzerrechten. Wie geht das?

Zum Hintergrund: ich entwickle "GPX-Dateien" zum Wandern mit Wandernavigationsgeräten und führe einen Wanderclub für Senioren. Für mich und nur für mich soll der erste Downloadbereich freischaltbar sein. Den Download einer speziellen "GPX-Datei" dagegen möchte ich für eine bestimmte Wanderung freischalten mit genau einem anderen Benutzerprofil! Das Passwort für diesen Benutzer gebe ich dann für diese Wanderung an alle Wanderer weiter. Dies soll bewirken, dass auch in den Corona-Zeiten meine Gruppe trotz Abstandsregeln zusammenbleibt, weil einige meiner Wandergruppe auch Smartphones mit App und meiner "GPX-Datei" der Wanderung haben und so per App geführt werden. Könnten Sie mir hierzu helfen und erklären, wie das mit den Benutzerrechten geht? Nur das eine Nutzerprofil, vielleicht noch zusätzlich der "Super User" sollen diesen einen Download herunterladen können.

Ich würde mich sehr über eine Antwort freuen!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Set user rights

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Phoca Download, you can set access rights for category and file. So it only depends on category rights or file rights if users will be able to see and download the files.

In Joomla! itself you can set access rights for menu links too, but it is not recommended, as menu links can be different. So just set access rights for specific user group in Phoca Download category.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
TzaIS
Phoca Professional
Phoca Professional

Post by TzaIS »

Hi Jan,

Super, it works with the Phoca Download Category and a new user and category in Joomla! Thanks a lot.

Thomas
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project