How to link additional documents in the document description?

Phoca Download - download manager
tomifocus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

How to link additional documents in the document description?

Post by tomifocus »

Hi,
I want to list official decisions on my website. But some decisions have background documents that I would like to attach to the decisions. Is it possible to somehow attach/link additional documents to the document description?

Could you please give me advice or solution for this purpose?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Tamas
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to link additional documents in the document description?

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can try to use Phoca Download plugin. Content (Article) for "decisions" and add e.g. to bottom of the article Phoca Download plugin with listed files which belongs to current decision. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
tomifocus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by tomifocus »

Hi Jan,

When I create a new file in Phoca Download component I would like to add Phoca Download Button in the Feature with Phoca Download Button Plugin.
But if I added Phoca Download Button to the file in JCE Editor then it displays exactly the same code on the frontend that I see in backend. So I see e.g. {phocadownload view=file|id=119|target=s} instead of the button.

Could you please help me how can I solve that phoca download handle this case?

Best regards,
Tamas
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see similar posts in this forum, this can happen:

- when the plugins is not installed (be aware, there are more plugins - one is editor plugin which adds this code, second is content plugin which runs this main feature - be sure, you have installed the content plugin)
- or when the content plugin is not enabled

Jan
tomifocus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by tomifocus »

Hi Jan,

Thank you for your reply. I have read similar posts in this forum. And I have installed and enabled both editor and content plugins.
If I use Phoca Download Button in content articles it's works as expected, however if I add a Phoca Download Button in the Features input field when I create a New file in Phoca Download component (Components->Phoca Download->Files->New) then it displays exactly the same code on the frontend that I see in backend. So I see e.g. {phocadownload view=file|id=119|target=s} instead of the
expected button.
Please see the attached screenshots for your reference.
https://imgur.com/a/9XxW5kw

Best regards,
Tamas
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

tomifocus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by tomifocus »

Hi Benno,

Thank you very much for the documentation. Could you please give me a hint which php file contains the relevant part of the source code for the phoca download description and feature form field where I have to make the neccessary changes to link additional documents using Phoca Download File plugin? Because based on the phoca gallery example that was contained by the linked document I could not find the relevant part of the source code in the php files.

Thanks and regards,
Tamas
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,

I don't fully understand why you paste a Phoca Download plugin into Phoca Download component - the description part? Why not use only component?

The features description you can find here:
components\com_phocadownload\views\category\tmpl\default_files.php
cca on line 273 or if you are using bootstrap output, then here:
components\com_phocadownload\views\category\tmpl\default_files_bootstrap.php

(in case you want to paste the code to category view)

Jan
tomifocus
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by tomifocus »

Hi Jan,

We have several documents(decisions) where we need to attach/link related documents(court judgments).
In this case we have a list of decisions (Phoca Download component - category view). At the files we would like to use features form field to add the related documents using Phoca Download File plugins.
That's why I would like to use Phoca Download plugin(for related docs) in Phoca Download component(list of decisions - in category view).
I have checked the components\com_phocadownload\views\category\tmpl\default_files.php file. And I modified the code as follows:
$pdFeatures = '';
if ($l->isValueEditor($v->features)) {
$pdFeatures .= '<div class="pd-features-txt">'.JText::_('COM_PHOCADOWNLOAD_FEATURES').'</div>';
$pdFeatures .= '<div class="pd-features">'.JHTML::_('content.prepare', $v->features).'</div>';
}

Unfortunately, this did not resolve the issue, because the embed code {phocadownload view=file|id=1|target=b} is still displayed instead of the file.
I have also checked and modified components\com_phocadownload\views\category\tmpl\default_files_bootstrap.php but I faced the same behaviour.

Could you please give me advice what can be wrong?

Thanks a lot.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, really hard to say what can be wrong there. Did you check that the code is really displayed in features form field, not in other form field like description :idea:

Jan