Limited download access

Phoca Download - download manager
ikarusproyect
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Limited download access

Post by ikarusproyect »

Hello good morning, I would like to restrict access to download to a user category, that everyone can access, preview, view, but not download, that they can only download, a specific category, thanks in advance, greetings.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Limited download access

Post by Jan »

Hi, set access rights to each file, so everybody can see the category. You can set that not accessible file can be displayed or not displayed in category. In case, user will see the file but he/she has no access to this file, when clicking on it, he/she will be asked for login.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ikarusproyect
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by ikarusproyect »

Hello, good morning, sorry for the delay, I have been quite involved, but I have just reviewed what you have told me ... and ... how am I so specific with each file? , in the file options it does not allow to set such specific permissions
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can set access and access rights for category (access = group, access right = specific user from this group) and access for the file (access = group)

- with category access you can hide whole category, so nobody will see it, with access in file edit, you can display the files (play and preview too) but download will be not possible if e.g. user is not logged in.

Jan
ikarusproyect
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by ikarusproyect »

Hi, but you are telling me that with editing permissions you can access to preview, but not to download, but it is that here nobody but me has access to upload files
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, we are speaking about downloading. You can preview documents always.
E.g. if you have some PDF document, you add PDF without all content only with Table of Contents so users can see the TOC in preview function but when downloading, users need to login to download the whole document.

I don't exactly understand what you mean with "access to upload files"

When users upload files to Phoca Download in frontend, and access is set that no public can see it, only administrator can access the files in administration and the user who uploaded in frontend.

Jan
ikarusproyect
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by ikarusproyect »

What I have found and is perhaps what you mean is the protected file option, which requires you to be registered in order to download the file, but I don't want all my registered users to be able to download those files, I want a category that are authorized users to download and that users who are in that category can download
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, then you just paste these users to some group and you set the access to this category for this group :idea:

Jan