Paypal and PhocaCart Integration with PhocaDownload

Phoca Download - download manager
haserb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Paypal and PhocaCart Integration with PhocaDownload

Post by haserb »

Greetings
I want to set subscription access to certain download categories for members who have paid a one-time tuition. Can I acheive this using Phocadownload and Phocacart together alone? If yes, is there documentation showing how I can achieve this?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Paypal and PhocaCart Integration with PhocaDownload

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no such option yes. Phoca Cart itself can manage file/more files for download. So if user buys some item, it can be downloaded for some time.

To somehow combine Phoca Cart and Phoca Download, e.g. you will create a product with login and password. After user will buy this product, he/she will have the login to login to Phoca Download area :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
haserb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by haserb »

Greetings
Would a membership/subscription extension have to be used in order to limit access to certain downloadable files? Do you have any recommendations for extensions that are compatible with Phocadownload?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't know any such extension :-( But Phoca Download uses Joomla! ACL, so if some extension just assign some access level to user, there is no need for some extra cooperation between extensions :idea:

Jan
haserb
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by haserb »

Greetings
Just to be clear, Phocadownload does not require another extension to create paid access because it uses ACL? I was thinking of an extension like membership pro or My Membership both of which use ACL and joomla groups, but they also provide payment gateways such as strip, etc. This was the crux of my question. So Phocadownload does not require such a membership/subscription extension to create paid access only folders?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Phoca Download does not manage any membership or subscription feature, but it manages ACL which means it can prevent from displaying or downloading files for specific groups. But which way the user will be assigned to the groups is not managed by Phoca Download.

Jan
p.luks
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by p.luks »

This is a common request, which I had already thought about. Phocadownload offers everything for this. The question goes more in the direction of PhocaCart.

Idea: Create a virtual article and if the payment with Paypal or similar is successful, instead of activating the download, the user is assigned to a certain access level or user group of the Joomla (ACL).

If the membership is limited in time, you need a plugin, which will undo this ACL after the time expires.

Whether this is possible with PhocaCart, I can't say. I don't know PhocaCart well enough for that.