Feature request: Allow different users with upload rights of same category to manage items from each other

Phoca Download - download manager
kokbira
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Feature request: Allow different users with upload rights of same category to manage items from each other

Post by kokbira »

Well, if for the same category C you allowed upload rights to users U1 and U2, they can access the frontend menu item for upload and they can upload files to category C. For example, U1 uploaded file F1 and U2 uploaded file F2. When uploading a file, metadata is stored on items, so for that example items I1 and I2 are created, respectively.

On frontend to upload files, U1 can see only F1 and U2 can see only F2. If erase rights are allowed for that users, they can manage publish and delete items, but only for files each one upload.

So, using a collaborative work for that specific category using only frontend is not possible. If we allow access to backend, a user can do that, but it will can access all other categories :(

Them, I suggest to "Allow different users with upload rights of same category to manage items from each other" on frontend.

A column of list of files of that category would be shown to display user that uploaded the files, and only users that have erase rights can can delete and unpublish items.

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Feature request: Allow different users with upload rights of same category to manage items from each other

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, there is no such option, so it needs to be customized or users who should manage the same files should get the same login ...

I will try to take a look at it. Added to feature request list.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project