How to change the category select field properties?

Phoca Download - download manager
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

How to change the category select field properties?

Post by claumaff »

Hi,
due to high volume of folders (and categories) and different users that I have to create, I need to get the Category Select field in Files menù that works like the Access - Upload - Delete rights fields in Category menù, so I will be able to write part of category name to rapidly find it in the long list, otherwise I have to scroll the select list of almost 1000 category names to pick the one I need everytime. How can I change the properties of that select field?

Details: Phoca Download version 3.1.7

Thank you.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to change the category select field properties?

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is a filter funtion in category list, so the categories can be filtered there:

But yes, if you need similar function to selecting of articles, etc. such needs to be customized directly in the code as there is no such function :-( In fact new view must be done, where the categories will be listed (including filter and pagination) and such will be run in popup in file list when user click on select category. But as wrote above, such function does not exist yet, so it need to be created :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by claumaff »

Hi, thank you for the answer.
I can't digit anything in the field you show in the picture :-( so I can't filter the name of categories in the list. Can I change the code to the properties of that field to a multiple choice? As the one I mentioned before? Just like the fields for Access rights multiple choice. Please, let me know if I can change the code somewhere.
Thank you.
Claudio
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't have any experiences with filtering multiple values - so first the select box needs to be modified, but I think, even the sql query in the module which will return filtered items must be even customized :idea:

Jan
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by claumaff »

It doesn't need to filter multiple values, only the category names. I just need a function like the one is already running in the field for Access rights (this one filters the user names).
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, maybe I still don't understand the question right, the category just has the filter function :idea:

Can you paste some screenshots of what do you exactly mean?

Thank you, Jan
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by claumaff »

Here's the Access Rights field in the Category menù that shows a list of users where you can chose an item by write part of the name or the whole user name to pick it. This is very useful for a list with more than 900 users:
http://www.claudiomaffei.net/phoca/Phoc ... screen.jpg

Here's the Category Select in the File menù that shows a list of categories where you can only chose an item by scrolling the list and clicking directly on the item, not useful for a list of more than 900 items:
http://www.claudiomaffei.net/phoca/Phoc ... screen.jpg

What I need is to get the Category select that runs like the Access Rights to easily chose an item in the select list.
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by claumaff »

My goal is to give the chance to each of the 900 users to download only his own personal documents that I've previously uploaded. That's why I need a category for each of the users.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

But this is something I don't understand because you are asking the feature which is standard in Phoca Download, see image:

You can just filter the categories in File edit easily.

Which Joomla! version do you run?

Jan
claumaff
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by claumaff »

I see your image and, yes, I would like to get the same in my version of Phoca download, if you see my picture here http://www.claudiomaffei.net/phoca/Phoc ... screen.jpg
you will see that in the same list menu I don't get any filter input field (in your picture it is the row you point with the red arrow, where you can write, that is what I need!), without that filter input field I can't write anything to filtering some result in the list.

My Phoca download version is 3.1.7
Joomla version is 3.9.2