Version Files for Download

Phoca Download - download manager
Shor-ty
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Version Files for Download

Post by Shor-ty »

Hi all,

I am using PhocaDownloader a while. However, I am interested if it is possible to set more files into the download which has to be selected before downloading the file. E.g., I am building tutorials for OpenFOAM. The OpenFOAM versions change the version each year which means, that the tutorials have to be rebuilt in most cases. However, based on the fact that not all users are directly upgrading, they may be still interested in tutorial cases that are compatible with former versions. Therefore, I would like to be able to add more files that can be downloaded such as:

- Case1-4.x.tar.gz
- Case1-5.x.tar.gz
- Case1-6.x.tar.gz

and the user is selecting the file he wants. Is this possible? Of course, I could zip the tutorials into one file and upload it, but this is not my intention.

Thanks in advance.
Tobias
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Version Files for Download

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no such option :-( so the only way is to add more files (the same file but different version) to a category - so adding new category for each file and there store the file with more versions :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Shor-ty
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Shor-ty »

Hi Jan,

thank you for the hint. I will try it but it sounds - out of the box - a bit complicated in managing.

Tobi
Shor-ty
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Shor-ty »

Hi Jan,

just a question. If I would donate - e.g. 50 € would you like to implement it and extend your good work?
Otherwise, I might give it a try to check out if it is extendable easily. However, as you developed the stuff, I guess you would be much faster than me.

Kind regards,
Tobi
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problem is, in such case it needs to be completely rewritten and it can takes months or years.

Now the structure is: Categories - Category - Files. One category can include more files but one file cannot include more files. Overwriting means overwriting of output, all the access/upload/publish rights, all the statistics fnctions, all the ordering functions, all the search and filtering functions, all the sql queries, etc. etc. etc. :idea: ... so this is time issue. :-(

See: https://www.phoca.cz/download/category/ ... -component

There you can see different versions of "one" file - for Joomla! 1.5, Joomla! 2.5, Joomla! 3 - you can easily search them, order them, access them, which can be a problem if they are "stored" in one item :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project