Phoca Download preview and email issues

Phoca Download - download manager
sdeveloperr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Download preview and email issues

Post by sdeveloperr »

Hi All,
Please , I need your help .. I'm created small webpage for downloading using Joomla CMS used (Phoca Download) extension for this.
Now I'm finished everything but I faced some issues will explain below.

First issue :- When I click on the (download) button, the link redirect me to the page of the file that I want to download and this page contain all information about this file .. all the information are clear except (Email) it's convert the (Email address) formula to another but not to the correct formula. HOW CAN I FIX THIS ISSUE?

Second issue :- When I upload the (Microsoft office files) like (Word, Excel, Power point .. etc) , this file can just to download but I can't preview it also the button of (preview ) become disappear beside this files. HOW CAN FIX THIS ISSUE?

This is the link of webpage
[removed because of security reasons]

Thanks a lot,
Omar
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Download preview and email issues

Post by Jan »

Hi,

email formula: what do you exactly mean with convert the email formula to another?

microsoft office files: browsers cannot preview MS Office files so this will not work for such types of files.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
sdeveloperr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sdeveloperr »

Thanks for your reply

About email formula : the email address appear in page as this formula (sardar[dot]developerf[at]gmail[dot]com) but the email that I inserted is
(sardar.developerf@gmail.com). I don't know why ??!!

About microsoft office: are there any ways to use it to preview this type of files ??

Omar
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
About microsoft office: are there any ways to use it to preview this type of files ??
I think, this should be a question on browsers developers and previewing is the feature of browser :idea:

email: the email is protected against the spammers, this is why . will be changed to [dot] and @ to [at]

Jan
sdeveloperr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sdeveloperr »

email: the email is protected against the spammers, this is why . will be changed to [dot] and @ to [at]
Ok, And what is the way to avoid this formula of email ? I need to fix it and make the email appear normally without this (dot and at).
Please if you can to provide me your email address to provide you a screenshot of this issue.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, open this file:

components\com_phocadownload\views\category\tmpl\default_files.php

and cca on line 248 change

Code: Select all

$pdAuthorEmail .= '<div class="pd-fl-m">'. $l->getProtectEmail($v->author_email).'</div>';
TO:

Code: Select all

$pdAuthorEmail .= '<div class="pd-fl-m">'. $v->author_email.'</div>';
Or you can make it in your template (see template override Joomla! documentation) so the change will be not removed when updating.

Jan
sdeveloperr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sdeveloperr »

Hi,
I'm changed this code in the same file you mentioned but the error is still appear .. Please can you help more ?
Jan wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 16:59 Or you can make it in your template (see template override Joomla! documentation) so the change will be not removed when updating.
The override work on the words in website not on formula .. If I override this email it will change but not on all emails address .. we need to fix this issue from the root.

Thanks a lot
Omar
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, if you are using override and you do some change in core file, such will be ignored because the override is active.

What you mean with "work on the words in website not on formula"?

Jan