Request feature : one file - multiple access levels

Phoca Download - download manager
fabio42
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Request feature : one file - multiple access levels

Post by fabio42 »

That would be awesome. Sometimes, it would be great to be able to publish one file for many user access levels. I often have to republish a document for another access level. Of course, I could originally create cross access level groups in my native joomla console but this is sometimes impossible to anticipate as there are quite a lot of access levels on my website.
Possible ? Not possible ?
Thanks for your answer !
Fabio
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Request feature : one file - multiple access levels

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, I don't think, this will be easy. It is not only about access rights in Phoca Download but even in Joomla! itself. I have experiences with setting only one access group but not more at once. I will take a look at it but really no idea if this will be easy or possible :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
fabio42
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by fabio42 »

yep, I get it. There are a few components I know of which do that : kunena (multiple users to access one forum or post in one forum), user group selector (which allows you to help your clients register in the adequate group autonomously).
That would be great ! :-)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

fabio42
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by fabio42 »

:?:
A couple of years after ... just coming back to see if you've had time to investigate on how to offer "multiple access" for one file ? More and more plugins / components allow this now. An instance of this could be in User selector plugin (but same for JCE editor which gives multiple access for one editor to many users that the admin selects, as well as Kunena and many more I can't think of right now) :

That would be really cool ! :D I just noticed that for my groups (lots of in my website), sometimes, one file has to be declared many times for each group. I was obliged to create "cross-groups) to avoid that but it takes up a lot of time managing this ...

on my Xmas list shopping cart !! 8)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, the problem is, the users groups rights can be extended to one user (which is mostly asked - to have rights per users not groups - e.g. if different users can upload own files) and this can be in conflict and can bring a lot of delays in calculating rights :-( )

Jan
fabio42
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by fabio42 »

Shoot ! :( Thought it was easier (says the rookie developer ! :P ). Alright then ! As long as there is an in-built joomla solution, it's no big deal !