Mobile phones and playing mp3 files

Phoca Download - download manager
LarsG
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Mobile phones and playing mp3 files

Post by LarsG »

Hi!
I am running a web site for a Choir and using Joomla 3.8.12 with Phoca Download 3.1.4, PHP 7.0.31. Everything has been working fine until a year or so back when uploading/playing mp3 files in smartphones of all types has ceased to work. Everything functions allright in PC and Mac BUT not at all in Phones! Why could this be and what do I do to fix this problem?

A new problem that has just recently come to light is an inability to download files to Phoca Download causing the following error message:
Varning: Kan inte flytta fil (Cannot move file): /tmp/phpofxv2U till /home/karolinako/domains/karolinakoren.se/public_html/phocadownload/2_Bas_Larsson.mp3
I cannot download mp3 files to Phoca Download at all. What can I do?

Regards / Lars G

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Mobile phones and playing mp3 files

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you ask your webhosting operator, if there were some changes (limits)? Mostly when there are no changes, all works the same way :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
LarsG
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by LarsG »

Hi Jan,
I am sorry to say that I do not understand your reply. The limits for downloading and uploading are not in the neighbourhood of being critical in relation to the file sizes involved as set by the hosting operator. What do you mean by "all works the same way"? My problem here is that nothing works with regard to mobile phones anymore (as it used to do)…

Download limit is 1 GB and for uploads there is no limit at all. I can add that there are no problems up- or downloading other file types, for example .pdf-files - only mp3 files.

Regards /Lars G
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I don't speak about download/uploads limits only. Based on this:
Everything has been working fine until a year or so back when uploading/playing mp3 files in smartphones of all types has ceased to work
Always you need to find what happened there so it has ceased to work. For example there was some changes on server which caused to stop working it, etc. :idea:

So you need to find: which feature exactly does not work and what is different to the time it was working :idea:

So what does not work: download (possible new limit), upload (possible new limit), play (which type of play do you use: flash or html5, if flash did you test to switch to standard html5), etc. :idea:

Jan
LarsG
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by LarsG »

Hi, and thank you , Jan, for your kind indulgence with my problem. It has now transpired that the culprit in this matter was a blocking of mp3-files caused by the Component RSFirewall, which suddenly had added this blockage of mp3-files quite arbitrarily, possibly due to an update or something similar(?). I don't know but obviously these things happen and I am happy to have the system working properly once again. I repeat, thanks for your help!

Best regards / Lars Gatenfelt
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, great to hear it.

Jan
sgagner
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by sgagner »

Hello!
I help LarsG with his website and the audioplayer still doesn't work properly. The player button works fine on a desktop bowser but doesn't load the audio file at all on mobile phones. I have selected to use HTML5 in the settings and I have tried to use Bootstrap 3 as well with same result.

I have made testpage on my own website where the problem is repeatable: https://mei-ya.se/test View it and try to play on a smartphone.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, testing now:

without any problems :idea:

Really hard to say what can be wrong there :idea:

Jan