Preview Button in File View Mode

Phoca Download - download manager
shahabbpk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Preview Button in File View Mode

Post by shahabbpk »

Hi,
We are using Phocadownload version 3.1.4.
Phocadownload in our site is used only for sharing pdf documents.
Most of our users prefer to preview the file to read it rather than downloading and finding it in the computer.
So it is nice to have PREVIEW button in File View Page beside the DOWNLOAD button just like it is displayed in Category view.
Is it possible to do this using standard options? Or do I have to change the code?
Appreciate any help in this regard. Willing to learn the code also if somebody guide me in the right direction.
Thank you.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Preview Button in File View Mode

Post by Benno »

Hi,
you mean this way?
https://www.phoca.cz/joomla3demo/phoca- ... -documents
Or are you talking from the Phoca Download Plugin file view inside an article? :idea:

Kind regards,
Benno
shahabbpk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by shahabbpk »

The demo link you attached show the category view I think. I have preview button there already. What we need is a preview button in Phoca Download Plugin file view page of a particular file.
This is required because we set joomla search results to leads to the file. When the user clicks on a search result it takes them to file view instead of category view because it is difficult to find the document in a category with large number of files.
So it will be helpful if a preview button is there in File view mode.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
see possible parameters for Phoca Download Content Plugin:
Note: Link to preview a file (Image) also works with PDF.

Kind regards,
Benno
shahabbpk
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by shahabbpk »

Thanks for the reply Benno,

What we need actually is attached in the screen shot. The attached page is the File view of the Phoca Files uploaded and this page is loaded when user clicks on the Joomla search results for the file. We linked all phoca categories as Joomla Menu Item types.
We need a preview button for all Files in this File View Site wide Since our users generally use search to find the file than navigation.
We know that its possible to link the search result to Phoca Category but then the purpose is defeated since category contains large number of files and again they have to find that particular file manually .
Thanks for your time and expecting a positive solution.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
unfortunately, I have no idea how a preview button can be displayed without recoding the file view of the Phoca Download Component. :(
Perhaps Jan can help you...

Kind regards,
Benno