Phoca Download strange problem

Phoca Download - download manager
Veritas
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Phoca Download strange problem

Post by Veritas »

Hello to all,

I'm using the Phoca Download component and I noticed a strange behavior when I publish the files.

I have pdf files in this format: filename (XX.XX.0000.00) .pdf, when the file is published, the brackets are removed.
This behavior is strange because before it did not happen, the work of publication made him a colleague on a PC with windows xp while now I do it on a PC with windows 10, can the operating system be the cause?

Perhaps the question is trivial but it seems strange that the files were first published with brackets and now I find the files without brackets.

Thank you if you want to give me an opinion.

Sorry for the bad English.

Marco
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Download strange problem

Post by christine »

Hi Marco,

could we see this "strange problem"? In generell you should not use brackets. If using (or used), the system will change it in alias similar to this: name-xx-xx-0000-00

Kind regards
Christine
Veritas
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Veritas »

christine wrote: 03 Feb 2018, 13:27 Hi Marco,

could we see this "strange problem"? In generell you should not use brackets. If using (or used), the system will change it in alias similar to this: name-xx-xx-0000-00

Kind regards
Christine
Hi Christine
unfortunately I can't show the problem because the site is on a server inside the company but I can tell you that before Phoca Download has never changed the files, only for some time I realized what happens.
Thanks for the reply.

Marco
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is possible that the brackets are removed by Joomla! filter input functions :idea: (when the file is uploaded, it is filtered by Joomla! filter functions because of security).

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project