Two different file list layouts

Phoca Download - download manager
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Two different file list layouts

Post by rogerco »

Is it possible to have two (or more) alternative layouts for category file list view.

I have very heavily customised the category view using a template override. I would like to have an alternative layout as well which I would use for certain menu entries.

So the standard (with template override) layout is index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=9

Id like to be able to use a different layout sometimes. I make a copy of the default.php as list.php and default_files.php as list_files.php in the template override folder html/com_phocadownload/category/ but how do I get it to use this new version?

RogerCO

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Two different file list layouts

Post by Jan »

Hi, maybe it is better co copy the template and add override in "other template" - so then you can manage it per template settings and set in which parts each view will be displayed :idea: (for example: one menu link will display template A with override A, second menu link template B with override B) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by rogerco »

Hey Jan, that's a really good creative suggestion. It hadn't occurred to me that I could use a layout override in a different template. I suppose to be safe and ensure that I picked up all my custom css in the other template I would need to create a copy of my live template - but this is easy now since it was built in to Joomla as a function to copy template a few versions ago.

Nice one, Thanks
RogerCO
PS you could mark this a solved :-)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project