Tags in Phoca Download

Phoca Download - download manager
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Tags in Phoca Download

Post by rogerco »

Two questions about Tags in Phoca Download

1. Is it possible to integrate the Phoca Download tags with the main Joomla tags. At present I seem to be duplicating tags between the two systems and searching for a tag in Joomla is not bringing up download items, and vice versa

2. Is there a way of getting a page (menu entry) or a module like a tag cloud that lists all the available PhocaDownload tags with links to lists of matching documents.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Tags in Phoca Download

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) no, there is no support for Joomla! native tags :-(

2) This needs to be customized. Phoca Download only display site of downloads with the selected tag.

There is some more sofisticated tag system in Phoca Cart (including searching and filtering more tags together, so depends on type of your files and page but maybe you can use the Phoca Cart to work more with the tags - of course if it is possible to display your data more the cart way than download :idea: )

https://www.phoca.cz/phocacart
https://www.phoca.cz/phoca-cart-filter-module
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
rogerco
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by rogerco »

Thanks Jan, that is clear. I might make a project in the autumn to produce a tag cloud or list module for phocadownload tags. They seem to be stored in dbtable #__phocadownload_tags so it should be fairly straightforward to knock up a module to list the tags with a link to /component/phocadownload/category/tag?tagid=N for each. Be nice to also produce a view for a list of tagged items which allowed filtering sorting and searching within the list.

Linking together the joomla native and phocadownload tags looks more complex as it would certainly require new views as well so in effect become a new component and associated modules. The basic structure is similar, but joomla tags have a lot more fields. If I was going to look at that I'd also want to look at including gallery tags as well. First stop off to JED to see if any other third party phocadownload extensions exist...

Thanks for speedy reply
RogerCO
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
exigo
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by exigo »

Hello!

The tags option - link to tagged file only - is very intresting to me!
Is there any progress on this issue?

Thanks!

# UPDATE

I thought.
If I activation tags in settings, tag link show search result, then click this link, I see all of result this tags
If copy this link and then make a new menupont with systemlinks - > url, I get what I want.
I know, not nice but working.
He's doing it for now.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok