Unique Download Link demanding login

Phoca Download - download manager
ccansw
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Unique Download Link demanding login

Post by ccansw »

Hi
I was looking for a solution to distribute download links to users, but without them having to log in. I came across Phoca Downloads which seemed to have that feature.

I followed the instructions as per the example here: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/17-phoca- ... nload-link to set it up. Files are in the /home/user directory below /home/user/public_html

However, clicking on the unique token link defaults the webpage to the log in screen if the user is not logged in, which sort of defeats the purpose of what I was hoping for.

Have I misunderstood or might I be doing something wrong?

Thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Unique Download Link demanding login

Post by Jan »

Hi, unique download link means, there is no needed to login. First of all try to test it with link to file which is stored in standard phocadownload folder, to test if there is no problem with path. :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
ccansw
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by ccansw »

I'm sorry, but I cannot get this to work. I have done a clean reinstall. The generated link now displays the page of the file to be downloaded, but clicking the download button creates "File not found"

I will look for another solution.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in case, you don't get any access error but file not found, this seems like there is some wrong path to the file :idea: What happen when you disable SEF? Which version of Phoca Download you run?

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you enable: Enable Unique Download Link in parameters? This parameter should be set to Yes.

Jan