How to "expand all/collapse all" categories of Phocadownload

Phoca Download - download manager
forensis
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

How to "expand all/collapse all" categories of Phocadownload

Post by forensis »

For a quick overview, which documents in which categories of Phocadownload are, I'm looking for a way to simultaneously expand all categories (and collapse).
But by clicking on a single category of course is to open only this one.

What is to do?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: How to "expand all/collapse all" categories of Phocadown

Post by Jan »

Hi, it depends on which view you want to customize - if categories (there where all categories are displayed) or category - where the files are displayed.

In categories view, you can display all categories include subcategories - see: https://www.phoca.cz/download - to hide or display them per javascript, this view needs to be customized:

components/com_phocadownload/views/categories/tmpl/default. ... php files.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
forensis
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: How to "expand all/collapse all" categories of Phocadownload

Post by forensis »

Sorry that I answer only now. I have to take care of a variety of very different tasks. Sometimes something more urgent else pushes.
First: Thank you for your hints.

But is it possible to open all subcategories in the Categories view at the same time so that all download files of all these subcategories can be viewed simultaneously? (Yes - it may take a long time to scroll!)

Reason: It's about the fact that the users of our form downloads are often not clear, in WHICH subcategory they find a certain searched form. This is often not so obvious.
If you have laboriously to open and close 20 (sub-) categories one after the other and you can see only ONE at a time, that sometimes costs a lot of time and is confusing.

Kind regards, forensis
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see you can see first tree subcategories listed in category view:
https://www.phoca.cz/download

But the files are not displayed there because this can lead to overloading of the server - to list all categories/subcategories and all the files at once :idea:
Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
forensis
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by forensis »

Yes, that is certainly true when there are a very large number of download links.
In our case, however, there are just about 200 forms in about 30 categories.

On a certain website, I have already realized it with an "accordion system", where it is possible to expand all categories simultaneously. It is ideal for the users, but it takes a lot of manual work to add new forms. I can not just leave it to a secretary.

Therefore, I would rather stay with a dedicated download system like Phoca-Download.

Regards, forensis