Setting Joomla and Phocadownload access rights

Phoca Download - download manager
Teacher
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Setting Joomla and Phocadownload access rights

Post by Teacher »

Hi,

I would be most grateful if someone helped me with this. It has been a long running headache for me.
I am a teacher and I would like to create two or more categories in phocadownload for uploading/downloading resources (powerpoits, word etc..)
What I am trying to do is the following:
-create a free resource category: users can upload and download files as registered users (registered so that it is safe) and it should be visible all users.
-create a 'Club'/paying resource category : users can upload and download files as registered/publishers (ie create and edit own resource) and it should only be accessible and visible by ALL site users but ONLY downloadable by users belonging to that category.

I am aware that this is a combination of Joomla ACL and phocadownload. However, I have tried for hours and I have failed to accomplish this.

Any help on how to do this would be a life-saver! I am willing to pay for your time/'buy you a beer' if happy to direct me in the right direction.

I am happy to pm site admin login details if that helps.

Thanks

Ben
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Setting Joomla and Phocadownload access rights

Post by Jan »

Hi, in fact there are independent rights:

Upload and Access - you can set both of them in Category edit of Phoca Download - you can set the group which can access the category or specific user. But for upload rights, you can only set the specific users which will be able to upload to the category - if they have rights to upload, they can see upload form in menu link to UCP (menu link to user upload of Phoca Download)
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/17-phoca- ... n-frontend

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
momentis
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by momentis »

Jan

Is there any possibility of having the Upload Rights changed to allow a Joomla group (or access level) to be used, instead of just users? This would make it MUCH more adaptable!

Rick
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, explained in other posts in forum. The problem is, that mostly category belongs to one user, so selecting one user is more used than group owning of the category :-(

This feature is still under review.

Jan
rsav
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by rsav »

I also would like to have this feature. Upload Rights to a group is very usefull especially if the members in a group change. So you don't have to change for each category all the upload rights. Also selecting 10 users (all belonging to one group!) in a list of 500 users for 10 different categories is not a nice job, and asking for errors!

Thanks
Psychochick
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Psychochick »

Hi,

I'm on Joomla 3.8.4 with Phoca Download 3.1.4

My user group can see the upload form but they can't select a category.

When i edit category upload , i can just add user but not user group... and i have a lot of user and category T__T

I would like to know if it is possible now to set a group access to upload to the category.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now, only users can be selected to have the option to upload in frontend.

Jan