Feature Request - Things I miss...

Phoca Download - download manager
phil05
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Feature Request - Things I miss...

Post by phil05 »

Hello, firstly i've to say that your new component "phoca download" looks really good and promising. Therefore, I took a nearer look at the existing features but more at features I miss which probably can improve the component.

So here we go....
  • Themes: It would be very helpfull if the component would support Themes like Phoca Gallery.
  • Customizable Appearance: Nearly the same like I said before. This time I think about more settings (params) in the backend (also like in the phoca gallery).
  • Download-Limitation: Option to limit the Downloads (e.g. A mainlimit for all files in the component, so that people just are able to download till the traffic is reached. The same thing for singe files. It would be cool if the component counts in two units: downloads or megabytes.)
  • Captchas: Posibility to intigrate Phoca Captcha.
  • PhocaInformation: It would be good if there is a version without the authorinformation on the bottom. I think
    you can make a version like this for people who make a Donation.
  • Frontend Upload and Administration: For me, this is one of the most important suggestion... I think the component would be really improved if there would be a frontend administration with different groups and rights.
I think in at this place this is all what comes through my head, as I saw this component the first time working...
If its ok, I maybay write more suggestions down in this Thread when I got some new ideas.

Greetings and thanks for another great component for Joomla 1.5.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Feature Request - Things I miss...

Post by Jan »

THEMES ... there is some kind of theme support, you can change the CSS in Settings
Customizable Appearance ... the problem is, on Phoca Gallery I work 2 years, so it is not possible to add so many features at once

If someone will hide the phoca information, he can email me ...

Features added into a feature request list:
https://www.phoca.cz/documentation/index ... re-request

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
phil05
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Feature Request - Things I miss...

Post by phil05 »

Hey, thanks!
Jan
Phoca Hero