Re: Phoca Download with category images

Phoca Download - download manager
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, in parameters, you can set if the image of category will be displayed as "folder" or image (random, first, latest) from the category

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project

Tags:
navibd
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

Post by navibd »

I am using 1.3.7 but there is no option to change yellow folder icon to (newest,random,latest)............

where should i check?
I checked parameters in control panel.
which version has this feature?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, sorry for misunderstanding, I thought about Phoca Gallery (different image for each category).

No, for Phoca Download there is no such option :( , added in feature request list in other topic.

In Phoca Download 2, there will be a new feature which is implemented now (but version 2 works only in Joomla! 1.6) which allows to add description with image to main category, so it will be displayed on the categories view page (so maybe this solution can help), see demo:

https://www.phoca.cz/joomlademo/phoca-download

Jan
mentalhacker
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mentalhacker »

Hi,
This is a very old topic but the category image feature request is still valid in Phoca Download.
In Phoca Gallery you can display different images/icons which will represent the gallery, so an image represents a category. The same function is needed in Phoca Download. Though you can insert an image in the category description, but that's not a good solution because the image is only displayed when you click on the category. The category page itself cannot display images, only the titles of the categories.
Would it be possible to implement a new field in the backend in order to display an image with the category name on the category page?
Thank you.
Best regards,
mentalhacker
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, it is in feature request list but I still didn't find time to implement it. Unfortunately Joomla! inside changes a lot, so first I need to overwrite all the components so they are ready for latest Joomla! (and unfortunately, when it is done, Joomla! changes again and again :-( - the same like all other API - e.g. FB Api used in Phoca Gallery changes so much that it is really hard to have it updated :-( )

Jan
mentalhacker
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Re: Phoca Download with category images

Post by mentalhacker »

OK, thank you.
I hope this implementation will be successful soon. This feature is very much needed.
mentalhacker
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by mentalhacker »

Hi Jan,
I was trying to implement a new 'Image' field into the category editor. I managed to do this by copying this line

Code: Select all

<field name="image_download" type="phocaselectfilename" manager="image" label="COM_PHOCADOWNLOAD_FIELD_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD_LABEL"  description="COM_PHOCADOWNLOAD_FIELD_IMAGE_DOWNLOAD_DESC" class="inputbox" size="40" />
from phocadownloadfile.xml to phocadownloadcat.xml.
I made the necessary change in the database, and created a new column 'image_download' in the category table.
I edited the categories template in this file: com_phocadownload/views/categories/tmpl/default.php
with this code line:

Code: Select all

$pdImage = '<a href="'. JRoute::_(PhocaDownloadRoute::getCategoryRoute($value->id, $value->alias)).'">' .$v->image_download .'</a>';
	if ($v->image_download != '') {
	$pdImage = $l->getImageDownload($v->image_download);
	}
I placed this code right after the category title.
Now the 'Image' field works in the backend, but the image is not displayed in the frontend. There is an empty div.
What could be the problem? Maybe it is not the best method but I'm not a developer, yet I suppose I'm very close to a suitable solution. I just want to put images in the category page. Could you help with this?
Thank you,
mentalhacker
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, try to enable php error reporting, I would say that the column was not loaded from database, check the model of the category view if the column is loaded by the SQL query :idea:

Jan
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

lherrera
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by lherrera »

Jan, good morning, see that I downloaded the latest version, but I can not make a category appear only as an image, I edit the category and I choose the image but it does not come out in the front, could you help me?