errors after upgrade to joomla 4.2.4

Phoca Download - download manager
HarryT2
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

errors after upgrade to joomla 4.2.4

Post by HarryT2 »

I tried to upgraded my Joomla 3.10 site to 4.2.4 and updated phocadownload to 4.0.4
My site uses php 8.1
The upgrade itself went without problems and no error.

When I click on a link to phocadownload I get an error and have no idea how to solve this.

The traceback of the error is:
============
in ??/administrator/components/com_phocadownload/libraries/phocadownload/path/routerrules.php (line 38)
PhocaDownloadRouterrules->build() in ??/libraries/src/Component/Router/RouterView.php (line 229)
RouterView->build() in ??/components/com_phocadownload/router.php (line 314)
PhocadownloadRouter->build() in ??/libraries/src/Router/SiteRouter.php (line 441)
SiteRouter->buildSefRoute() in ??/libraries/src/Router/Router.php (line 405)
Router->processBuildRules() in ??/libraries/src/Router/Router.php (line 192)
Router->build() in ??/libraries/src/Router/Route.php (line 141)
Route::link() in ??/libraries/src/Router/Route.php (line 93)
Route::_() in ??/modules/mod_menu/src/Helper/MenuHelper.php (line 154)
MenuHelper::getList() in ??/modules/mod_menu/mod_menu.php (line 16)
include('??/modules/mod_menu/mod_menu.php') in ??/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php (line 52)
ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() in ??/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php (line 55)
ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() in ??/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php (line 281)
ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() in ??/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php (line 161)
ModuleHelper::renderModule() in ??/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModuleRenderer.php (line 99)
ModuleRenderer->render() in ??/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModulesRenderer.php (line 50)
ModulesRenderer->render() in ??/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php (line 565)
HtmlDocument->getBuffer() in ??/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php (line 848)
HtmlDocument->_renderTemplate() in ??/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php (line 633)
HtmlDocument->render() in ??/libraries/src/Document/ErrorDocument.php (line 139)
ErrorDocument->render() in ??/libraries/src/Error/Renderer/HtmlRenderer.php (line 78)
HtmlRenderer->render() in ??/libraries/src/Exception/ExceptionHandler.php (line 121)
ExceptionHandler::render() in ??/libraries/src/Exception/ExceptionHandler.php (line 72)
ExceptionHandler::handleException() in ??/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php (line 323)
CMSApplication->execute() in ??/includes/app.php (line 61)
require_once('??/includes/app.php') in ??/index.php (line 32)

Error
Attempt to modify property "query" on null
====

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Tags:
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: errors after upgrade to joomla 4.2.4

Post by Benno »

Hi,
did you follow all steps of this migration guide?
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/50-jooml ... o-joomla-4

Kind regards,
Benno
HarryT2
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by HarryT2 »

Hi

If I use an empty new site and load it with Phocadownload, the instructions work. However I have an existing site and want to upgrade the site. Then I get the error form above.

If if I uninstall phocadownload and almost every extension before upgrading and reinstall phocadownload on Joomla 4, emtpy the tables and insert the dump form joomla 3 I get the same error.

Are there instructions how to upgrade an existing installation?

{HT}
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, there are many different ways. You can export data and the files, then uinstall the old component and install new one and import data and the files (of course with all backuped data, etc.). The the same guide should be used (the only difference is, that you uinstall the old version) :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
HarryT2
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by HarryT2 »

The issue is solved with the phocadownload 4.0.5beta5 version.

I have no idea how to mark this post as solved.

{HT}
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for the info.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project