Can't get Documents to work

Phoca Documentation - creating documentation in Joomla! CMS
agent_kith
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Can't get Documents to work

Post by agent_kith »

Hi all,

I'm new to Joomla, so am currently stuck trying to figure out how to get this module to work.

Right now I have the Documents module, component and plugin installed. Module and plugin are enabled. (see pic).

Under my menus, I have created a menu item "List Articles In Category" and point it to the documentation category I want to display (in this case it's called manual).

So the issues I am currently facing:
  1. have created two test articles under the "Introduction" category. But can't click into them. What does (0/2) mean?
  2. have enabled/published Documentation module, and included it in the menu created above. But it's not showing up?
  3. have also created another test category directly under "manual (called "Snakeoil Reference Guide"). I've set my articles to use modern routing, with ID removed. Clicking on this test article gave me a 404.
Here's the state of things at the moment (link). It's not working. Can anybody help me figure out what's wrong?

Edit: Forgot to mention, as I'm trying to migrate from another software, I need to keep the existing URLs, hence need the articles to be setup as "Routing" set to "Nodern", "Remove IDs from URLs" set to "Yes".
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Can't get Documents to work

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) (0/2) means zero subcategories and two documents in the category

First of all try test it without SEF enabled - to see if everything is working there.

Create a menu to Phoca Documentation categories and check if all the links work.

2) Check if the module is assigned to right menu item, if it is published and has the right position.

3) as written above, first of all, try to disable SEF to see if everything is working OK

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
agent_kith
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by agent_kith »

Jan wrote: 27 May 2019, 20:44 1) (0/2) means zero subcategories and two documents in the category
Aha.. :) Thanks.
Jan wrote: 27 May 2019, 20:44 First of all try test it without SEF enabled - to see if everything is working there.

Create a menu to Phoca Documentation categories and check if all the links work.

2) Check if the module is assigned to right menu item, if it is published and has the right position.

3) as written above, first of all, try to disable SEF to see if everything is working OK

Jan
Thanks Jan. Disabling SEF in global settings, and also using legacy routing for articles, and everything works.

If I use modern routing. Browsing the categories is working, but clicking on the articles return 404.

So everything has to be disabled and it works. Anyway to allow for SEF+modern routing? :)

[s]Also, I can't figure out how what field to put in "Display Categories" in the module section so leave it blank. This displayed every categories in my CMS. Tried to put the "Manual" category in that field, but if I do this, going into that menu item will return a 1054 error.

Unknown column 'Manual' in 'where clause'
[/s]
Update: Never mind. user error, looking at the SQL statement I need to use category ID and not name. Did that and this module appears to work now. So the only issue is SEF+modern routing. Hope you can help me out on the above. thanks again.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, for now there is no support for "modern routing". So only standard SEF with numbers can be used. It is planned to be done in some next version in Joomla! 4, for now because of not breaking old URLs and because of no having specific added value, it is still not implemented (so this needs to be customized in the code)

Jan
agent_kith
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by agent_kith »

Jan wrote: 28 May 2019, 14:16 Hi, for now there is no support for "modern routing". So only standard SEF with numbers can be used. It is planned to be done in some next version in Joomla! 4, for now because of not breaking old URLs and because of no having specific added value, it is still not implemented (so this needs to be customized in the code)
No problems. That picture actually made a lot of sense. :) And I agree (havn't thought of URLs this way). If only I started with this scheme. Thanks for your help. :)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok