Halp! Joomla 1.6 installation issues with Phoca Gallery

Phoca Documentation - creating documentation in Joomla! CMS
tigerrawr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Halp! Joomla 1.6 installation issues with Phoca Gallery

Post by tigerrawr »

Hello all, I saw this extension and it looks so nice but I cannot get it to work/install correctly. I am using Joomla 1.6, I first downloaded phocagallery 3.1.1 and it installed just fine but then I couldn't use anything without having a page does not exist error or some sort, so then I saw that it's because I'm on Joomla 1.6 so then I uninstalled it and downloaded phocagallery 2.8.1, but wouldn't let me install it without my site timing out or going to a page does not exist error at 100% upload of the extension, after backing out/reload a couple of times, it will show that it was uploaded successfully but I get a "Cannot create Admin Menu" error, so then I searched a bit, and saw that it's because the mysql tables still existed, so ok, I went into mysql and deleted all the _phocagallery_ tables, but that also gave me issues, kept telling me I cannot delete by altering tables or something and that I should use drop table (which is what I was doing? I didn't really understand it too well), but eventually after clicking some buttons I got them deleted. But still after doing all that it is still stopping at 100% upload and going to a page does not exist page, and then after reload it would still say "Cannot Create Admin Menus". So is there a version that I can use to install on Joomla 1.6? Or does anyone know how I can get it to work on 1.6 with either phocagallery 2.8.1 or 3.1.1. Thank you~
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Halp! Joomla 1.6 installation issues with Phoca Gallery

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 was made for Joomla! v1.5, therefore it can not work with Joomla! v1.6
You should update Joomla! v1.6 to v1.7, because v1.6 is not longer supported.
Then you should be able to install Phoca Gallery v3.1.1

Kind regards,
Benno
tigerrawr
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by tigerrawr »

Benno wrote:Hi,
Phoca Gallery 2.8.1 was made for Joomla! v1.5, therefore it can not work with Joomla! v1.6
You should update Joomla! v1.6 to v1.7, because v1.6 is not longer supported.
Then you should be able to install Phoca Gallery v3.1.1

Kind regards,
Benno
Yeah I figured that, I just upgraded to 1.7.3 and seems Phoca Gallery is now working fine, I haven't added anything yet but clicking around the control panel, no errors so :D. Thanks.
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

You're welcome!

Kind regards,
Benno