favicon not showing up

Phoca Favicon - simple creation of favicon in Joomla! CMS
glenna
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

favicon not showing up

Post by glenna »

Hi i have installed the Favicon software and uploaded image that meets your specifications. I have reset and cleared all cache private data on numerous macintosh and Windows machines.
Dose the file i upload need to have a specific name?
Dose the file i upload need to be JPG or Gif, what is best?
I now have 3 different files in the upload folder, Is this a problem. They are all in phocafavicon folder
Im just getting used to Joomla and dont know any thing about changing code, only how to use plugin ect.
The template i'm using is the PROSTAR that is in the Joomla 3 start up kit.

Please advise Glenn
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: favicon not showing up

Post by Jan »

Hi, there is no demand for specific name, it does not matter if jpg, gif or png. There is no problem when you have other files in your folder. See:

https://www.phoca.cz/documents/4-phoca-f ... ng-favicon

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
adean57
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by adean57 »

I am having trouble with favicon on one of my sites. I have several sites all using Joomla 3.8.7 with the Protostar template. After each Joomla update, the favicon is replaced with the Joomla default favicon. I then use the Phoca Favicon component to create a new favicon for each of the websites. After clearing the cache in my Chrome browser, I am able to see the new favicons for each of the websites except one.

No matter what I do, I am not able to get favicon to update on one of the sites. It appears that the favicon.ico is created correctly. I am able to download the newly created image from /public_html/templates/protostar No matter the browser I use (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or IE, I am unable to update the favicon.ico using Phoca for this one website.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, when you take a look at it through the FTP, is the new icon there? If yes, then in such case, I think some cache setting can cause it (in browser or on website), really no other clue advice there :idea: :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project