Why do I need Phoca Favicon?

Phoca Favicon - simple creation of favicon in Joomla! CMS
Cheeso
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Why do I need Phoca Favicon?

Post by Cheeso »

I don't understand what problem this extension solves.

If I want a favicon, can I not simply upload a favicon.ico file into a specific place on my webserver? And then I'm done?

What does this component do, that is above and beyond simply uploading a file? I must be missing something. Please explain why anyone needs this.

Thanks.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Why do I need Phoca Favicon?

Post by Jan »

Hi, Phoca Favicon helps you with:

- uploading a picture to right place (most of users don't know where to upload ico file)
- creating an ico - in fact over 90% of Joomla! users have no experiences with creating ICO file

You can upload every image (png, gif, jpg) you want, every size (limits are by server and GD) and Phoca Favicon will create an ico file from the image and place it to the right place.

So as everything, it is different for different users.

For some users, Phoca Favicon saves some minutes, hours or days of work, studying, etc.
For some users, Phoca Favicon saves months, years of work and learning. Really depends on user.

I by myself am able to create ico file and know exactly where to upload it, but why to open editor to craete ico file, why to open ftp to upload it. I just use Phoca Favicon and I am ready in seconds.

So the answer to this question: "Why do I need Phoca Favicon?"

Experienced user: It saves my time
Not experiences user: It saves my time, I don't need to do ICO file, I don't need to find place where to upload it, I don't need to learn FTP, I don't need to resize image I want to use, I don't need to learn how to create ICO or where to find ICO file, etc. etc.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project