I can't access mywebsite after changing collation with phoca

Phoca Tools: Phoca Server Unzip tool, Phoca Changing Collation tool, ...
robo1006
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I can't access mywebsite after changing collation with phoca

Post by robo1006 »

I uploaded and unzipped the phoca change collation tool into my web root public_html.
After that I filled in the phoca form: database name:, db password etc. It all looked like there was no problem in this process
but when I tried to open my site http://www.rozeandberg.com and I only got this message:Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL.

Now I wonder why this happened and why I can't fix it even though I have restored back ups of my database and the home directory and i as well deleted the unzipped phoca change collation tool.
Has this anything to do with the Database not being empty?
I do have a subdomain under the above domain http://www.ratchaburi.rozeandberg.com with a separate database and that one is still ok since I haven't done anything to that DB with the phoca change collation tool.

Can anyone (alebo mozno len Jan) shed any light on this problem, I need my site back asap.
thank you!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: I can't access mywebsite after changing collation with p

Post by Jan »

Hi Robo,

did you read this:
"Please, run this script only if you know what you do" :|

But seriously. The script should not influence any function of database, it only renames the collation of database name, tables and columns. I didn't see any such problem yet. But try to see which name your database was called, maybe the name included some bad or obsolete characters :idea: - try to see it with e.g. phpMyAdmin, try to get information from phpMyAdmin). But as I wrote the script changes only collation, so it is in fact not possible to change the name of e.g. database or tables, etc :idea:
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
robo1006
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by robo1006 »

I got live support from my webhost and they were able to fix it! There was incorrect password for my DB or something like that. You're right Jan I don't know what I was doing but as u said there is not too much that can possibly go wrong! ;)
I'm afraid I'll have to run the change collation again since I still can't use Thai language on my site!
Let's hope that this time it will be as smooth as smoothie :|
zdravi,
Robo.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project