Phoca Guestbook on php 7.4.7 in CGI mod.

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
moppel
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Guestbook on php 7.4.7 in CGI mod.

Post by moppel »

Hi there,

this is my first posting, cause I experience a strange thing. Changing server with this page:
https://kastelrutherspatzen.de to a new server with version php 7.4.7, coming from php 7.1 , the guest book stopped working.

Using php version 7.4.7 in cgi I get always an [Tue Oct 06 08:24:14.746159 2020] [cgi:error] [pid 1988] [client 37.201.176.164:0] AH01215: PHP Notice: Undefined index: email in /var/www/kastel/data/www/kastelrutherspatzen.de/components/com_phocaguestbook/controllers/phocaguestbook.php on line 326: /var/www/php-bin-isp-php74/kastel/php, referer: https://kastelrutherspatzen.de/fans/gb

The old Guestbooks shows normal, but has the ssame problem when trying to post something.

Untill now we never had any problem with the gustbooks, in neither version. Now using 3.0.11

Any idea how to solve that problem ? Switchng back to the old Server is no option. We can use php7.3 in apache but get also this error page.

In addition : I made a new GUESTBOOK: https://kastelrutherspatzen.de/fans/guestbook
so the problem can be seen, by testing.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Phoca Guestbook on php 7.4.7 in CGI mod.

Post by christine »

Hallo Moppel,

Wollte es ausprobieren, komme aber mit dieser captcha Eingabe nicht zurecht.

Da es eine "Notice" ist, kannst Du diese (in der Zwischenzeit) in der Konfiguration abstellen.

Ich leite Dein Post an Jan weiter, wegen PHP 7.4 Meldung.

Liebe Grüße
Christine
moppel
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by moppel »

Hallo und danke.

das Catpcha hab ich mal deaktiviert.
lg
Rainer
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hallo Rainer,

Ja, Danke. Hab wieder probiert. Bekomme jetzt allerdings:
OOPS! CATEGORY NOT FOUND - It looks like nothing was found at this location. May be try a search?

Wie auch immer. Wenn Du die Fehlermeldung in der Konfiguration abgeschalten hast, kannst ja das richtige Gästebuch wieder aktivieren? Wie gesagt, habe es an Jan weitergeleitet.

Liebe Grüße
Christine
moppel
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by moppel »

:-) das ist aber abgestellt.

steht auf Keine
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, thank you for this info.

I will take a look at it in next vesion of Phoca Guestbook.

It is a development warning - info for developers, so if you disable such infos in Joomla! Global Configuration (Error Reporting: None), there should not be any problem with running the guestbook (warnings and notices don't stop the script)

I get the same result on the site - Category not found - hard to say what can be wrong there :idea: When you disable SEF, do you get the same problem?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
moppel
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by moppel »

Hello Jan,
thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested, but does not work. Even not with php 7.3. in apache mod.

I looked up the old site, and can see the version of the guestbooks there was 3.0.6. Is it possible that you can mail me this older version ?

info @ ialla.com

I would very much appreciate this, cause the band ,- our customer- want to have their guestbook back working. Specially in this times.

Many thanks
Rainer
moppel
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by moppel »

FYI,

I made a workaround. The guestbook version 3.0.6 works fine on the old machine - php 7.2-, so we included this old guestbook- with a different URL- into the new joomla site.

Still would love to get the version 3.0.6 as a zip file to see if it would work. Much better to have only one admin area :-)

Many thanks

Rainer
Benno
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Benno »

Hi,
Phoca Guestbook v3.0.6

Kind regards,
Benno