Cannot Set For Public User Access

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Cannot Set For Public User Access

Post by drs2biz »

Have searched everywhere to find the correct parameter to reset to allow public access to post in the guestbook but cannot find it. I'm using Joomla! version 3.9.16 with PHP version 7.4.4.
There is no "Registered Users Only" option in the Options.
I have installed Phoca Guestbook version 3.0.11

Please help!

Tags:
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Cannot Set For Public User Access

Post by christine »

Hi,
drs2biz wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 15:14 Have searched everywhere to find the correct parameter to reset to allow public access to post in the guestbook but cannot find it.
see here please: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/3-phoca- ... blic-users
Go to your Joomla! administration - Components - Phoca Guestbook - Guestbooks. Add or edit current guestbook. In folder Category Permissions set Post Items for Public to Allowed.
If you will allow adding posts by public users (not registered users), don't forget to enable spam protection for the guestbook.
drs2biz wrote: 03 Apr 2020, 15:14There is no "Registered Users Only" option in the Options.
see under Options: General https://www.phoca.cz/documents/3-phoca- ... parameters

Kind regards
Christine
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by drs2biz »

Hi Christine,

Thanks very much for your prompt response. I have reset permissions and have spam protection up to the wazoo! Now working OK, except I had to reconfigure the page view as the tabs format did not work for some reason. Have reset to show form below posts and it now looks great.

Could not see this document when I went to the documentation pages. Needs re-indexing on the documentation menu?

Thanks again,
David Schroeter.
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi David,
drs2biz wrote: 04 Apr 2020, 00:56 Thanks very much for your prompt response. I have reset permissions and have spam protection up to the wazoo! Now working OK, except I had to reconfigure the page view as the tabs format did not work for some reason. Have reset to show form below posts and it now looks great.
It means, it's working now?
Could not see this document when I went to the documentation pages. Needs re-indexing on the documentation menu?
Sorry, don't understand, what you mean with above.

Kind regards
Christine
drs2biz
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by drs2biz »

I mean that the solution you provided worked fine, but I could not find it in the documentation anywhere until you gave me the link. Maybe you need to update the documentation so it's easily found. But thanks for your help!
christine
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by christine »

Hi,
drs2biz wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 10:19 I mean that the solution you provided worked fine, but I could not find it in the documentation anywhere until you gave me the link. Maybe you need to update the documentation so it's easily found. But thanks for your help!
Hmm, you have just to go to the menue: "Documentation" & then to search for relevant theme/subject.
https://www.phoca.cz/documentation

Kind regards
Christine
bodine
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by bodine »

christine wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 12:25 Hi,
drs2biz wrote: 05 Apr 2020, 10:19 I mean that the solution you provided worked fine, but I could not find it in the documentation anywhere until you gave me the link. Maybe you need to update the documentation so it's easily found. But thanks for your help!
Hmm, you have just to go to the menue: "Documentation" & then to search for relevant theme/subject.
https://www.phoca.cz/documentation

Kind regards
Christine
That clears it up, thank you. I think drs2biz may have a point, though. The old documentation that I found quickest was on this page under GENERAL. So it was a bit confusing.