Joomla 3.9 Alpha: Tabbed display does not work anymore

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Joomla 3.9 Alpha: Tabbed display does not work anymore

Post by Richard67 »

Hello,
I have updated one of my testing sites to Joomla 3.9 Alpha, and now the tabbed display of Phoca Guestbook (current version) does not work anymore.

When I have set the for position to "Tab", then the tab for the messages is shown empty in frontend. When I then navigate to the tab for creating a new post, the messages are shown below the form.

When I compare the HTML of the Joomla 3.9 Alpha testing site with the one of the Joomla 3.8.12 live site, I see that on 3.9 Alpha the div with the posts is wrapped inside the div with the form, and so it inherits the "display: none" style.

Joomla 3.8.12 = ok:

Code: Select all

<div id="phocaguestbook" class="guestbook">
	<div class="tabbable">
		::before
		<ul class="nav nav-tabs"> ... </ul>
		<div class="tab-content">
			<div id="pgbTabForm" class="tab-pane"> ...</div>
			<div id="pgbTabPosts" class="tab-pane active" > ...</div>
		</div>
		::after
	</div>
</div>
Joomla 3.9 Alpha = wrong:

<div id="phocaguestbook" class="guestbook">
	<div class="tabbable">
		::before
		<ul class="nav nav-tabs"> ... </ul>
		<div class="tab-content">
			<div id="pgbTabForm" class="tab-pane">
				<div class="well pgwell pgb_background pgb_sec_font"> ... </div>
				<div class="tab-pane active" id="pgbTabPosts"> ... </div>
			</div>
		</div>
		::after
	</div>
</div>
My question now: Is this a bug of Joomla 3.9 Alpha, or is this something which has to be changed in PhocaGuestbook to adapt to changes in Joomla 3.9 Alpha, or is it a bug in PhocaGuestbook which only becomes visible in Joomla 3.9 Alpha?

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Joomla 3.9 Alpha: Tabbed display does not work anymore

Post by Jan »

Hi, I think, this is much more a question on Joomla! core developers, I will test 3.9 when it will be Beta and in case, tabs are not more supported, some new method needs to be found. Mostly depends on which CSS will Joomla! 3.9 load (which version of Bootstrap, etc.)

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

Bootstrap version in 3.9 will be same as in 3.8. Only for 4.0 it will change. In case if something changes with this issue on the way to 3.9 Beta, I will let you know here.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, hmmm, OK, so there should not be any problem, so maybe this is even the question on joomla core developers :idea:

Jan
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

The problem is that I have the issue currently only with Phoca Guestbook, and I am not sure what Joomla core developers will say if I ask for problems with a component which officially is not compatible or not tested yet with 3.9 (which is of course ok because 3.9 is a band new Alpha only).
So I posted here to see if someone can replicate the problem.
On the Joomla issue tracker I haven't found anything for 3.9 which looks like that problem.
I will continue to investigate and let you know if I find out something.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, does something change, when you set "Load Bootstrap" parameter in Phoca Guestbook Options? What if you change "Form Style" parameter?

Jan
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

No change in both cases.
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

Problem is that there is no PHP error, so it is not easy to find out what goes wrong.
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

I see there are differences in the saved html regarding the div with id="jform_guestbook_captcha".

On 3.8 where all is ok:

<div id="jform_guestbook_captcha" class="g-recaptcha input-sm required" data-sitekey="..." data-theme="light" data-size="normal"></div>
On 3.9 Alpha:

<div id="jform_guestbook_captcha" class="input-sm required g-recaptcha" data-sitekey="..." data-theme="light" data-size="normal" data-tabindex="0" data-callback="" data-expired-callback="" data-error-callback=""/>
And a few lines above that, the div with class="controls input-prepend input-group" is missing at all.

When I fix these differences in the saved html page, it shows well.

I know there was a new invisible captcha added in Joomla's 3.9-dev branch, and maybe there were other changes made with that for other captchas.

So I think it could be a Joomla 3.9 problem with the captcha stuff. I will continue to investigate and if so, I will post an issue in their issue tracker or make a PR if I find a solution.

I'll let you know the result here.

And if you have any idea when reading the code differences here, let me know please.
Richard67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Richard67 »

P.S.: Canging the captcha in Phoca Guestbook configuration from "Joomla default captcha" to one of the captchas provided by Phoca Guestbook, e.g. "Standard Captcha", solves the problem on my 3.9 Alpha testing system.