Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
paulnot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Not receiving Admin Approval Emails

Post by paulnot »

Hi

PHOCA Guestbook Version is 3.0.8 and JOOMLA is Joomla 3.8.10

I have problems receiving system "Administrator Approval " emails from posted messages which need admin approval before they are published.

When a message is posted I have this message on top of the guest book :

"success. Post saved, It will be displayed after the Administrator's approval"... which is good!

I have the following settings:

The User Account designated to receive the messages is set to "Receive System Emails" and has a valid email address associated to it. The account is enabled.

In the relevant "Menu Items" Advanced Tab, the "Send Email" field has the appropriate user account.

In the "Phoca Guestbook Configuration" under "Options" General Tab, the same user account is added to "Send Email".

The Joomla mail is activated because I am receiving emails from a Contacts plugin with no problem.

PHOCA Guestbook Version is 3.0.8 and JOOMLA is Joomla 3.8.10 .

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks Paul
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Not receiving Admin Approval Emails

Post by Jan »

Hi, when you test to add some post in the frontend, do you get any other system message there?

When you take a look at the errorLog on your server (php errorLog), is there some error message?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
paulnot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by paulnot »

Hi Jan sorry for not getting back to you sooner... no time.!

But I have a bigger problem now... I get this message:
Can you please explain it to me ?

thanks
Paul

Error
Guestbook is disabled. Botcscout Key is not valid or URL of website defined for Botcscout is not correct. Please contact administrator of this site.:! Anonymous hit limit reached for IP Address 172.69.226.70.
Why not get an API key? It's free, and it'll allow you to perform a larger number of bot-screening lookups each day.
If you aren't the webmaster for this domain, please tell them about this error message.
Your Guestbook entry was identified as a spam message. Your post was not submitted. If you feel this is an error, please feel free to contact u
paulnot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by paulnot »

Hi

I have got the Botcscout error message sorted ..so back to the original problem!

No other system messages... having problems locating the php error log..

Paul
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you should ask your webhosting provider where the php errorLog is stored so you can take a look at it :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project