guestbook category not visible in backend, 404 error in front end

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
micha_01
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

guestbook category not visible in backend, 404 error in front end

Post by micha_01 »

Hello,

i updated joomla from 3.6.5 to 3.7 and also phoca guestbook from 3.0.5 to 3.0.6. The update of the guestbook component was successful with no errors. I am using php7.0.

After upgrade i could not access my guestbook in the frontend with 404 error guestbook not found.
In the backend at phoca guetbook component the guestbook entries are stoill there but there are no categories visible. I can add a new categorie but his is also not visible but there is a message that the category is added successfully.

In the database of the webpage i could find the categories entry in the table jos_categories also with the original former entry of the real guestbook.
If i edit an guestbook entry there is no choice for a related guestbook category possible.
The db contains also a table jos_phocaguestbook_books this seems to be a table from an older version of phoca guestbook. IS this still needed as in the actual install.utf8.sql of version 3.0.6 there is no definition of this table.

I am sure that this problem must be there before updating to 3.0.6 because also with guestbook version 3.0.5 it is the same behaviour. But i don't know since when this problem is there exactly as i obviously didn't check the funtion of the guestbook at former updates.

Is there any possibility to get the guestbook working again? Also a reinstallation does not solve the problem with the missing category.
Do you have any idea what i did wrong a what can i do?

Thank you in advance.

kind regards,
Michael

Tags:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: guestbook category not visible in backend, 404 error in front end

Post by Jan »

Hi, the 3.0.6 works in 3.7 with PHP 7 and 7.1.

If your 3.0.5 worked well, then then should not be any problem because in 3.0.6 there was a small change to work in Joomla! 3.7 - in fact the update should not somehow change the working of the guestbook.

Try to disable SEF and recreate the menu link to guestbook again. When SEF disabled, can you access the guestbook in frontend?

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
micha_01
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by micha_01 »

Hi Jan,

thank you for the fast reply.
I disabled the SEF and did it as you told me (with one exception the menu link: this was not possible) but without success. I think it's not a problem of SEF as i cannot see any categories listed in the category view of the guestbook backend component.
In the view for the single guestbook entries there are all entries visible and also the category is listed in the table at each entry. If i edit an entry i cannot choose a category as the dropdown menu is empty.
Also i cannot make a new menu link as there is also no guestbook to be choosen.

If i want to make a new category with the same old name i get en error that the category is still existing. If i make a new catgory i get the message that it is saved correctly. But both categories are not visible in the list nor i can choos them for an entry.

I made some screenshots for you of the single steps. How can i send them to you (by PM or email?) if you want them?
The last working guestbook entry was done 5th of February this year and i tested it that time but i don't know the versions of Joomla and the guestbook component.

kind regrads,
Michael
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you can paste the screenshots here e.g. per imgur.

When you see errorLog on your server, is there some error?

In the guestboook list, see the search tools and check select status to see if there is no guestbook e.g. unpublished or trashed?

Jan
micha_01
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by micha_01 »

Hello Jan,

thank you for the hint to look at the trashed guestbooks. This was the case.
I don't know why this happens and when the guestbook was trashed.
It's strange that after creating a new category this is automatically marked as trash. But now i know where to look at.

Thank you very much. Here is always a great support.

kind regards,
Michael

P.S. Could this be also the problem from hernan_perez_br?
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, not sure what you mean with: "Could this be also the problem from hernan_perez_br?"?

Jan
micha_01
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by micha_01 »

Hi,
i think this could be also the problem/solution from this topic "Cant create guestbooks - defaulting to category screen".
But anyway you can set the topic as solved.

kind regards,
Michael
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Ok, thank you for the info.

Jan