problems with "Captcha Q&A" (as joomla standard captcha)

Phoca Guestbook - creating guestbooks in Joomla! CMS
Dirk67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

problems with "Captcha Q&A" (as joomla standard captcha)

Post by Dirk67 »

Hi,
I installed "Captcha Q&A" (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/captcha-q-a/)
and set it as my joomla standard captcha (in global joomla configuration)

Now all my (joomla core -) forms on my site are working properly with that captcha

then I go to the Phoca Guestbook Configuration and set the captcha settings to "Joomla! Standard Captcha":

as a first success the "Captcha Q&A" is shown properly in my Phoca Guestbook input form,

but when I type the correct answer in the captcha input-field there pops up the (form-) error, that the captcha was not solved correctly ...

no matter what I type into the captcha field (correct or wrong answer) there always pops up the (form-) error, that the captcha was not solved correctly ...

I have no idea what could be wrong, since all my other (joomla core -) forms on my site are working properly with that captcha "Captcha Q&A"

_________________________________-
Edit:
the captcha is generated within the form as follows:

Code: Select all

<div class="control-group">
  <div class="controls input-prepend input-append input-group">
    <span>Spamschutz: Bitte beantworte die folgende simple Frage:</span><br>
    <i>&quot; Was ist der letzte Buchstabe des Wortes 'See' ? &quot;</i><br>
    <input type="text" input-sm required id="jform_guestbook_captcha" name="jform[captcha]" required="required" aria-required="true" value="" />
    <input type="hidden" name="captcha_code" value="5-1627242021-67" />
  </div>
</div>
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: problems with "Captcha Q&A" (as joomla standard captcha)

Post by Jan »

Hi, in Phoca Guestbook, there were supported only the basic main Joomla! captcha. No specific variants. So there is no support for this type of captcha yet. :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Dirk67
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Dirk67 »

(the background is: I want to get rid of reCpatcha due to GDPR/DSGVO rules)

so that means, there's no support for the built-in joomla captcha api ?
so that no 3rd-party-captcha-extension that follows strictly this api rules can be used ?

(I always wondered why I had to entry my reCaptcha key again / a second time* in Phoca Guestbook -> now I think I know ...)
*(I did this already in Joomla core reCaptcha extension)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi,
I always wondered why I had to entry my reCaptcha key again / a second time* in Phoca Guestbook
because the recaptcha feature in Phoca Guestbook was implemented before it was possible to use the Joomla! core feature and it is a part of combination of different captchas.

But of course, I am ready to implement the latest Joomla reCaptcha features so if somebody will do such change/new feature, I will implement it into Phoca Guestbook.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project