UCP - Frontend User Upload

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
schmidtg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: UCP - Frontend User Upload

Post by schmidtg »

I am having a problem like this as well, but with a slight difference. I am running Joomla 3.3.3, CB 1.9.1 and Phoca Gallary 4.1.1.

I have enabled UCP and ensured all the settings are correct per the other posts here and in documentation. Then I do the following steps and get the results listed below. I am sure I am missing something simple.

1. Log in as a user that has not done anything with the Gallery yet.
2. Open UCP and create a main category, that works good with the following results:
a. User is created in the Phoca component
b. The category appears to be properly created with the user being the owner and has all the permissions.
c. I am able to upload an Avatar to the category.
3. I go to the Images tab and try to upload an image and get the category required message. So I try to select the users main category in the drop down. Here is the difference form the others' issues. I can see and select the category but right after I do the field clears itself and so does the file name I am trying to upload. Also if I start with the category it is selectable but again disappears right after it is selected.

Note, The same kind of thing happens when I try to add a subcategory.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gene
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, does it mean, you have the problem with select box of category? When you select category, it will be ignored?

If yes, do you get any javascript error on your site - when changing the category? See: https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -conflicts

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
schmidtg
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by schmidtg »

Thanks Jan,
I have been doing more testing. The only error I see when selecting thx category dropdown is "Use of getAttributeNode() is deprecated. Use getAttribute() instead."

But switching to Firefox to check it I found it worked there so it must be an IE11 thing. In IE 11 the category dropdown is there and lets you select it but after you make the selection you see the deselect.

Hre is a five second video of what happens: chmidts.com/CatagoryIssue.avi

Gene
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I really cannot say what can be wrong there, I have searched similar problems but didn't find any clue advice for IE :idea:

Jan
deepfreeze
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by deepfreeze »

schmidtg wrote:I am having a problem like this as well, but with a slight difference. I am running Joomla 3.3.3, CB 1.9.1 and Phoca Gallary 4.1.1.

I have enabled UCP and ensured all the settings are correct per the other posts here and in documentation. Then I do the following steps and get the results listed below. I am sure I am missing something simple.

1. Log in as a user that has not done anything with the Gallery yet.
2. Open UCP and create a main category, that works good with the following results:
a. User is created in the Phoca component
b. The category appears to be properly created with the user being the owner and has all the permissions.
c. I am able to upload an Avatar to the category.
3. I go to the Images tab and try to upload an image and get the category required message. So I try to select the users main category in the drop down. Here is the difference form the others' issues. I can see and select the category but right after I do the field clears itself and so does the file name I am trying to upload. Also if I start with the category it is selectable but again disappears right after it is selected.

Note, The same kind of thing happens when I try to add a subcategory.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gene
Hi Gene

Did you ever manage to resolve this as I have been stuck in the same place for months with this? :idea:

Cheers
Deepfreeze
Rechi
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by Rechi »

Hi
I have the same troubles but working with Joomla 3.3.6 and Phoca Gallery 4.1.1. In addition I have installed a Test Version on my localhost for that reason and installed Phoca Gallery on this. There I was able to upload pictures on the fronted. I checked all the settings on my normal Joomla Installation (localhost and Server) but still no way to get this permission on this installation.
Error message:
Dies ist keine Kategorie zum hochladen von Bildern. Bitte erst eine Kategorie erstellen.
Wenn die Kategorie erstellt wurde und es können keine Bilder hochgeladen werden , dann den Administrator kontaktieren:
wenn die Berechtigung zum hochladen von Bildern, in der Hauptkategorie, besteht
wenn Sie der Inhaber der Hauptkategorie sind
wenn das Dateiverzeichnis zur Hauptkategorie gehört.
(in english: This is no category for uploading photos. Please create a category first.
If the category is created and photos can't be uploaded, then contact the administrator:
*if you got the permition to upload photos in the maincategory
*if you're the owner of the category
*if the directory belongs to the main category)

I checked all the users, user groups and access levels and it seems to be o.k. as well. I added a "test user" and changed the groups to all possibilities. Also if I register as the super user I will get this error.
Is there any setting for the categories where I have missed?
Thanks for any help
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you select the category where to upload?

Jan
porcini
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by porcini »

... I published a message with a short video that showed how to create categories and subcategories in the back-end to the front-end, why my message has not been published, I think it would be useful to other users ... :!:
HansLustig
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Post by HansLustig »

Auch 3.2020 ist dieser Fehler vorhanden, ebenso auch mit Vers. 4.4.0 1.2021. Schade das es nicht gepflegt wird....
This error is also present in 3.2020, also with version 4.4.0 1.2021. It's a shame that it is not maintained ...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hallo, in diesem Post sind mehrere Probleme beschrieben, auch Probleme mit individuellen IE11 Javascript Fehler, usw. Was für ein Fehler du genau da bekommst?

Jan