UCP - Frontend User Upload

Phoca Gallery modules - modules for Phoca Gallery extension
GaryM
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

UCP - Frontend User Upload

Post by GaryM »

Hi,

I am new to Phoca and Joomla and I am trying to use the Phoca User Control Panel - Frontend User Upload. I turned on the UCP via the Options button in the Phoca Gallery and selected what I thought were the appropriate options. When I sign in to the secure area of my website I have access to the UCP. I created a Category in the Main Category tab to upload pictures into. However, when I go to the Image tab it says, "There is no category where to upload images. First create a category please." I can see the category in Phoca Categories and it is Published and Authorized and I see it in the Joomla Media Manager. I am not sure what I am missing - do I need to perform some other action to get this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary
GaryM
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: UCP - Frontend User Upload

Post by GaryM »

Hi,

I have been over the documentation for User Control Panel - Frontend User Upload numerous times and have spent hours looking at the forum for similar problems. While I have found several nothing gives me a clue as to why in the Images tab it gives me the message "There is no category where to upload images. First create a category please...."

Does anyone have any suggestions as where I should look to resolve this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Gary
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, did you set the category in frontend or backend.

If in frontend then the categories are set automatically for the user who made them, if in backend, then you need to set the folder for the categories and the owner, so they can be managed in the frontend UCP.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
GaryM
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by GaryM »

I created the category in the frontend Main Category tab and as you stated it create the category for that user. It also added that category in the backend and created a folder in Media Manager under phocagallery. Everything looks good until I click on the Images tab in the frontend then I see:

There is no category where to upload images. First create a category please.
If your category is created and you cannot upload images then ask administrator:
• if you have permission to upload images into the main category
• if you are owner of the main category
• if the user upload folder is set for your main category.

Any ideas???

I have a question, the users that have access to this upload belong to a User Group and Access Level which I created within Joomla, could that make any difference? I have tried changing the Access field on the category from Public to the correct one for the user and it did not make any difference, but I thought I would ask.

Thanks for your help!!!

Gary
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, some of the settings will be wrong

- so there needs to be a folder assigned for the category
- user needs to have rights to upload there
- user needs to be owner of the main category if ucp is used

Does it work when user is able to create main category in frontend?

Jan
GaryM
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by GaryM »

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your help on this.

It does not work when the user creates the category in the frontend or the backend. The same message is displayed in the Images tab in both cases.

There is a folder assigned for the category and the user is the owner of the main category (there are no subcategories).

When you say "user needs to have rights to upload there" how / where is that setup? Are you saying the user access security levels or is there some unix file security that I need to check?

Thanks,

Gary
GaryM
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by GaryM »

Jan,

Would it help if I sent you screen shots of what I have setup and what I see in on the UCP Frontend screens? If so what is the best way to send them? I could put it in an email if that would work?

Also, just in case it matters, I am running Joomla 2.5.7 and Phoca Gallery 3.2.2.

Thank you,

Gary
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, see:
forum-rules.php
you can paste screenshots by e.g. imageshack, etc.

Jan
harris06
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by harris06 »

Hi,
I have same problem, but I think I have all the settings correctly. I test on localhost, on J2.58 and Phoca 3.2.3

Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, can I see it somewhere life (just let me know the access login to PM or per email)

Thank you, Jan