Bug? Phoca Guestbook 2.0RC : Title

eftie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Bug? Phoca Guestbook 2.0RC : Title

Post by eftie »

Hi Jan,

Yesterday I was databasehacking to convert the 1.4.4 version to the new 2.0.0RC and it partly worked because I noticed something weird.

In the 1.4.4 version there was for my guests no need to fill in title, so title and alias are both Null in the database.

The 2.0.0 version cannot handle that! Even if you set the databasefields to 'allow Null', if I select (via the checkmark in front) the post to edit, an errormessage telling me there was an empty row.
110507 edit:
Check-out failed with the following error: The database row is empty.
If I put the same whatever text in title and alias, is goes okay. Then I can also press the title link to edit the post.

Also, if I disable (in options) title in post , so in the new (with 2.0.0) post there is no title, I get the same errormessage.

I assume that in the code is a check that title cannot be empty?? But if I disable title in options, title IS empty.

This is the only issue for me, because to create an upgrade-script (I have more 1.4.4 guestbooks with loads of entries) I need to know If I have to put in dummy-titles an aliases or not :)

regards,
Eftie
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Bug? Phoca Guestbook 2.0RC : Title

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, you need not to fill the title in the frontend, but if you save it in the backend, the title is required.

The options take no effects on backend, they only affect frontend.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
eftie
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Re: Bug? Phoca Guestbook 2.0RC : Title

Post by eftie »

Thank you for reply. Answer is clear.
I can finish my upgrade script ;-)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero