Bug: Phoca Gallery - "filter" in categories is not useful

potrebic
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Bug: Phoca Gallery - "filter" in categories is not useful

Post by potrebic »

I'm using version 2.5.8. I have a large directory structure containing all the images I am managing. The folder form a tree of categories. And the images are in the leaf directories. I have a number of issues. Here is one:

I've got 100's of categories organized in a tree structure. The "filter" feature in the Categories area isn't very helpful for 2 reasons:
1) If doesn't find sub categories. Example, suppose I have a parent category called "Slide Shows" and a sub-category called "2008". Entering "2008" in the filter will return an empty list. This seems like a bug, not a feature suggestion.

2) The Filter feature should have an option to return the matching category(ies) and all sub-categories. Because I have a large tree structure of categories, sometimes I want to look at a sub section of those categories. But I can't. Searching for the top category in my desired sub-tree will only return that top category and not its child categories. (of course issue 1 above effectively prevents me from search for any sub-categories)
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Bug: Phoca Gallery - "filter" in categories is not useful

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is a feature :-( as the category tree is tree, it only finds the root categories and then it tries to make a tree. The problem of finding subcategory is that the it will be not displayed as subcategory and can be confusing :-( So this behaviour is because the sql which then need to create the whole tree :-(
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project