multiple add: proposal for rearranging the window

whph
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

multiple add: proposal for rearranging the window

Post by whph »

Hi Jan,

First of all, I congratulate you on the new java upload manager. It is fantastic and a milestone!

I played around some with it in the front and back end. I was a little bit confused by the multiple add window in the back end. In my view it is not immediately intuitive, maybe because there is not much of instruction text.

I have attached a screenshot of how I would rearrange the multiple add window. Maybe that helps first time users and makes your extension even better and saves you time with less questions in the forum.

Best regards,
Raphael
caro84g
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: multiple add: proposal for rearranging the window

Post by caro84g »

Hi Raphael,

I like your idea, but how do you work with people who upload their pictures via FTP? The first step doesn't apply to them. Or how are you going to explain this?

Regards, Carolien
Please ask your support questions in the forums and not via PM - I delete those PM's
Backup before you do any major change to your website (and test first)
whph
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: multiple add: proposal for rearranging the window

Post by whph »

Hi Carolien,

For those people the situation is even more unclear today.

I see two solutions:
1. write a short text just below the "First Step: Upload" like: "If you used FTP to upload the pictures proceed directly to the second step"
2. Add a new icon "Upload" in the "Phoca Gallery Images" page next to the icon "Multiple Add" and splitt the two steps in uploading and assigning to category

Of course option 2 is to be preferred, but needs also more time to develop. But then questions from users should drop to a minimum.

Another advantage: Maybe this splitting of the two activities is a preparation step towards a category creation on subcategory level for members of my site that use the java upload feature (frontend). (Today they can only create a new category on the first category level, but not create a subcategory to already existing categories. A problem which is to be tackled also soon...)

Best regards,
Raphael