Who is developing?

dirk80
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Who is developing?

Post by dirk80 »

Hi!

I used the Joomgallery in the past but the further development stopped. So means a lot of work to transfer the pictures to a new gallery.

As I don't want to switch from time to time to a different gallery I would like to know
1. if the Phoca gallery is developed by a team or just by a single person?
2. if there is some kind of development strategy available? (e.g. new version for every new Longterm Joomla version)

In case somebody who is developing this good looking gallery can answer - Why can I be sure that the development will continue?

Thanks for a feedback.
Dirk
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: Who is developing?

Post by Jan »

Hi,

1) I am main developer of the Phoca Gallery, but there are many developers who contributed with code to the Phoca Gallery and who know Phoca Gallery well (so if something happens which will stop making developing the gallery by me, I think there are many people who can continue with this project)

2) The strategy is to make the Phoca Gallery fit to every new Joomla! version. What does it mean? Phoca Gallery 3 was completely overwritten to Joomla! 1.6 and there were some minor changes to work with Joomla! 1.7. As in Joomla! 1.8 there will be no dramatic changes to 1.7 (I think, because there is no time for doing large changes), this seems like Phoca Gallery (with minor changes, because it is ready for 1.7) should be easily overwritten for Joomla! 1.8 (but of course I cannot say yes because it is the future :-) )
In case somebody who is developing this good looking gallery can answer - Why can I be sure that the development will continue?
:| In fact this question cannot be answered objectively. In this time you cannot be sure in any part of your life :-) I am not developer who is using strong words, untruths, lies, ..., or who is telling (or is knowing) what will happen. So I cannot answer this question. :-) :-)

For now you can be sure, the Phoca Gallery works with latest Joomla! 1.7 and it is prepared to work with Joomla! 1.8 and there are no plans to close the development of it.

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project