[Feature missing?] Phoca Gallery 3.0.0 RC4 Category list

sp2xdm
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

[Feature missing?] Phoca Gallery 3.0.0 RC4 Category list

Post by sp2xdm »

Hi.
Can anybody tell me, why the functionality of existence many different category lists, known wrom version 2.7 is missing in ver. 3.0 ?

Earlier, I had used a few category lists with different "Show Categories" attributes in separate menu items (In joomla! 1.5.xx)

Now, in Jommla 1.6.1 with Phoca Gallery 3.0 RC4 installed a "Show Categories" is atrribute is only one in global settings, because whole detailed menu of category list is missing.

Why ? I think that it be a big disadvantage and step back in gallery functionality.

I cannot find a specific switch or menuitem or in the matter of fact this function was removed from ver 3.0?

regards
Mike
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: [Feature missing?] Phoca Gallery 3.0.0 RC4 Category list

Post by Jan »

Hi, this is exactly the same question I have posted to the Joomla! community earlier.

This feature is missing in Joomla! 1.6, this issue is not related to Phoca Gallery but to Joomla! itself, so this is more a question on Joomla! forum. :-( :-( :-(

I am planning, is some future version, when Phoca Gallery will be stable, some of the global configuration parameters will be manually added to the menu link options, but I still hope, the feature to have parameters component in menu link can be added back to Joomla!

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
Matelnoc
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by Matelnoc »

That is REALLY too bad...

I also have trouble uploading images from my PC (unable to upload files ) What could be the problem?
I can upload images from the frontend without trouble...
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

What you mean with troubles while uploading, do you get some error (did you enable php error reporting or debug mode)?

Jan
wezelvis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wezelvis »

I am planning, is some future version, when Phoca Gallery will be stable, some of the global configuration parameters will be manually added to the menu link options, but I still hope, the feature to have parameters component in menu link can be added back to Joomla!

Hi Jan
First of all thanks for creating all these really fantastic extensions - great stuff!!

I'm new to Joomla and Phoca, and i'm not sure whether i should start using joomla 1.5, so i can use a version of Phoca that has the ability to change parameters, or wait a bit until Joomla 1.6 works with Phoca 3 as you intend.

Do you have a time estimate of when you think you will have a version of Phoca 3 that allows manually adding configuration parameters to menu links? Do you think it will be weeks, months or maybe longer?

What i want is a way to have a menu link show one single category (not all the categories), but from reading the forum i gather the change to joomla 1.6 makes it impossible to access the configuration section of Phoca where you can make those changes.

thanks
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I have no time line, the Joomla! project is still changing so it is really difficult to plan something :-(

If you are planning to do one menu link, there is no problem because you can set the parameters in options (global configuration)
https://www.phoca.cz/documents/16-joomla ... -in-joomla

Menu link overriding is good for different menu links with different settings.

Jan
wezelvis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wezelvis »

Thanks Jan
Thanks for the link to those help files. I'm still a bit confused as to what i need to do to configure things so each of my links opens up a single category (some with nested categories inside if possible). Those help files were for Joomla 1.5, so i couldn't follow them to well using Joomla 1.6 (sorry i am a real newby).

Can you give me some more detail on how to perform menu link overriding with Phoca Gallery 3 in Joomla 1.6? That sounds like the thing i need to perform

Thanks again for your help!!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, I still hope, Joomla! developers will return back this feature :-( if not, then the parameters must be added manually to frontend xml file (this can be found in the view of the Phoca Gallery - e.g. in category view - in xml stored in its frontend folder:

components/com_phocagallery/views/category ...

I need to make some tests there if there will be possibility to move some of the parameters to front (which is not systematic :-( )

Jan
wezelvis
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by wezelvis »

Thanks Jan
I had a look at the xml file you mentioned.

If i want a menu link to open a particular category what do i need to add to that xml file?

Say i have 4 categories - plants, birds, insects, animals - and 4 menu links on my Phoca gallery menu - menuPlants, menuBirds, menuInsects, and menuAnimals

I assume i need to identify each menu link in some way, and then add the parameters/values using xml tags to have each menu item correspond to the particular category i want. I assume you would do this using the category ID number.

Can you give me an example of the syntax i would need to use?

I really appreciate you looking into this for me!
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, you need to add there own parameters - those you want to overwrite. If you want, every link will have other font color, you will add font color parameter to the xml so it will be overwritten by the menu link.