add new feutures to phoca gallery

navibd
Phoca Enthusiast
Phoca Enthusiast

add new feutures to phoca gallery

Post by navibd »

in upload section there is a limited structure which limit the users. add a new feature in admin configuration to set unlimited for users. I know there is one way that u can set to' Zero' for unlimited. but in front-end 0px 0px in not very good appearance, and if u create new combo box in configuration it is so more user-friendly.

and I dont know is is this feature available in phoca gallery or not that allow people who are not register to site upload pictures..? if it is available show me! if its not , add this feature to! in 1.6 : :twisted:

automatically create new folder for every registered user. it can be an option because it make a little cpu usage. and maybe an registered user wouldn't send any picture.so there will be so many folders which are empty! but it is so useful and handy for big gallery sites to manage users and pictures.
and it can be an optional setting. regular manner like know(create for category and sucategory) or can be for every user a folder which contain(category and category he or she created)
Of course there is so many problems with this idea, such as maybe admin want to copy One category that have 3 subcategory but every subcategory is in someone folder!
so its up to developer. to use 2 manner together for solving this problem.

All of these are just suggestion and I only want to help Phoca to have better idea and be more user friendly without any defect...
thank You.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Re: add new feutures to phoca gallery

Post by Jan »

Hi,
thank you for the ideas, some problems there can be with this :-(

uploading without registering will be not possible in Phoca Gallery. This is a feature which must be modified for the server. As on the internet more and more human spam is active, the opensource project cannot have a default option to upload images or fill some form without some protection :-(

Folder is created automatically if user will create main category or subcategory or upload image in UCP. Phoca Gallery cannot create folder after user will be registered because user is registered in Joomla! not in Phoca Gallery so while registering Phoca is not active :-( :-(

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project