Fatal error phoca 1.5rc4

Phoca Gallery - image gallery extension
jonbass12
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

I just added more ph

Post by jonbass12 »

I just added more photos to the gallery it created some thumbnails but it seemed when i ran out of memory.
i changed my php.ini to 16M but no change. Cannot access Photo gallery from admin side but can access categories
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2560 bytes) in /home/webadmin/innocentent.com/html/main/administrator/components/com_phocagallery/he lpers/phocagallery.php on line 355

Thanks in Advance
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Hi,I run Phoca

Post by Jan »

Hi,
I run Phoca Gallery with 2 MB photos on server and localhost, where I have set 8 MB resp. 12 MB of memory in php.ini.

The problem with memory is not caused by big images or by creating of thumbnails, but by SQL SELECT of all photos.

E.g. You have 100 images. Normally you get e.g. only 20 items from database because of using pagination, but Phoca Gallery needs to get all image information from database because of creating thumbnails. It creates thumbnails step by step and it needs all image information from database...

There can be used a pagination system, but 99% of users forget to go to other pages and then their site doesn't display thumbnails of all images except first 20 images because they are not created ...

Try to see:
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... msg1040034

Jan

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
jonbass12
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Thankyou for the hel

Post by jonbass12 »

Thankyou for the help i edit my .htaccess
and added php_value memory_limit 32M