Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Phoca Gallery Plugin J4 - image size

Post by MausX »

Hello,
Is possible set type of the thumbnail?

I uses this syntax in the Joomla 3 .
{phocagallery view=category|categoryid=165|imageid=2223|float=none|type=2}

But with Joomla 4 and Phoca Gallery Plugin Version:4.5. Syntax does not work.

I have found there is the need change the syntax for showing images {phocagallery view=category|id=165}.
But i didnt find how to write syntax for type=2.
(type - set type of images: 0 - standard medium image, 1 - small image (Mosaic effect), 2 - large image (for single image displaying))

Joomla v 4.1.4
Phoca Gallery Plugin v 4.5

Thank you very much
dottore
Phoca Member
Phoca Member

Re: Phoca Gallery Plugin J4 - image size

Post by dottore »

Ja, das ist auch mein Problem. Jan ist anscheinend noch nicht fertig damit. Hoffentlich schafft er das bald, denn ich brauche die alten Funktionen auch in J4 dringend.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, yes, for now the plugin for Joomla 4 is set with simplest parameters and can be extended in future. The main goal was to clean the code and render the simplest html output, because we are in year 2022 and we need to display the website quickly and for different devices like mobile, tablet, or desktop. This is why there is no more the size parameter as in fact size parameter. Because of responsive design, the size is set by the thumbnail size but can be variable becuase of displaying the images in different browser sizes (mobile, desktop, ...)

So if you need to set size of image, the best way is to set it for thumbnail and recreate thumbnail. And of course, this size will be only default size and can change in different views and can be affected by e.g. template, system plugin, etc. etc. :idea:

BTW - there is now used ID instead of CATEGORYID parameter but the CATEGORYID was set as alias for ID so it can even be used in newest Beta version: https://www.phoca.cz/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 43#p170631

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project
kinglot
Phoca Newbie
Phoca Newbie

Post by kinglot »

Hi,
we will also be in 2022, but I have been using phoca gallery for years and all my articles use the plugin with all the options that existed. A plugin that actually does 5% of what it did before is unthinkable, how can I think of migrating to J4? It is incredible to think that to migrate to J4 I have to redo the whole site with Phoca or other components, after years of use this time I am disappointed, I will wait but I understand that there is not much intention to bring back the old functions.
Jan
Phoca Hero
Phoca Hero

Post by Jan »

Hi, then the only way is to somehow modify the Joomla 3 version plugin, so it works in Joomla 4 :idea:

Jan
If you find Phoca extensions useful, please support the project